Spring Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:Nice get on the card. Mint condition, does that mean the sticker is still attached without even oozing? If so, dang!

In looking into the backstory on the phaser, I see a callout for using it as a flashlight, and I could only guess that is why the separated it.

Yeah, Windy's feet really are the big frustration, her shoes should have been wedges rather than heels. OR JUST FEET INSTEAD OF SEXY SHOES.
Sticker's intact. It really is in great shape. Electronics work well and no corrosion or anything (although batteries weren't included, probably for that reason). My Playmates TNG phaser fell victim to corrosion this week, but a little cleaning fixed that up.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Sticker's intact. It really is in great shape. Electronics work well and no corrosion or anything (although batteries weren't included, probably for that reason). My Playmates TNG phaser fell victim to corrosion this week, but a little cleaning fixed that up.
Very cool, very cool! Such an esoteric get, and in such good shape.

Ugh about corrosion, I need to check all my Playmates weapons, I don't think I've removed any of their batteries. Goddamned batteries!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Fortunately it wasn't actually damaged. I think I'm going to mold a custom tip for it that's black plastic with a hallow end. I've painted the red portion, but... well, paint chips.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Fortunately it wasn't actually damaged. I think I'm going to mold a custom tip for it that's black plastic with a hallow end. I've painted the red portion, but... well, paint chips.
Glad it wasn't damaged. Yeah, I've seen others do that with the Playmates ones, even go so far as to putty fill the screw holes.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Fortunately it wasn't actually damaged. I think I'm going to mold a custom tip for it that's black plastic with a hallow end. I've painted the red portion, but... well, paint chips.
Glad it wasn't damaged. Yeah, I've seen others do that with the Playmates ones, even go so far as to putty fill the screw holes.
wow, that would be going too far for me. I need access to them for maintenance. I've already had to replace the light bulb once and if I ever decide that I want to add any LEDs to it I would need to be able to open it up. As it is, I think I'm going to get a custom wiring kit for the TNG Tricorder to make it look more like it did on the show. I've already taken that one apart many times so rewiring it should be pretty easy. Also, I've already had to replace the light bulb in the Engineering set Warp Core twice. And that's a bit of pain in the ass.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Star Trek polo shirts from Thinkgeek. This time it's science and command, rounding out a set of all three colors. Also, some custom made cleaning cloths that are made to look like Soundwave and his cassettes in their alt modes. They actually came out pretty nice. I think the seller still has a few on ebay.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Star Wars The Black Series 6-inch Ahoska Tano - this is the SW Rebels version, all growed up. I just got it delivered a few minutes ago. The figure has a good sculpt and paint, but gummy joints for the legs which makes posing difficult. The sabers use removable light-blue clear blades rather than white, in person it looks alright, gives them a life where a clear frosted blade wouldn't.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Two more Star Trek polos from Thinkgeek. Blue and yellow this time.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Comic Con haul: WST Shockwave and some NES games: Star Tropics (which I've never played, but I've heard that it's good), Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Warrior, and Excitebike.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Generations Roadbuster.

Ok, this one is kind of a cheat. I already had the figure. I got it about maybe two years ago? I dunno. But it's been a long time and I haven't really been able to fiddle with it and give it a fair shake because for all of that time, he's been without a foot. The joint that connects the foot to the rest of him was backwards and it's taken me all this time just to fix it. Now by itself, it should have been an easy fix. Heat up the pin, push it out, turn the part around and replace the pin. Unfortunately, this was the most stubborn and stuck pin in history. I practically had to almost destroy the foot to get the pin out. Anyway, I finally got him properly fixed. The ankle part is pretty messed up, but it functions perfectly and thanks to that particular part being hidden in both modes, it still displays well. So now that he's fixed, he can join in the rest of my collection.

Next week will be a bumper week as pretty much all of Titans Returns line has apparently come out at once and I'll be getting multiple shipments from BBTS.