Star Wars Episode VII (allowing for spoilers)

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: Star Wars Episode VII (allowing for spoilers)

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Sparky Prime wrote:From what I've read, Harrison Ford may yet still appear in Episode 8...
force ghost!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:Anderson, you make the argument that "at least we saw that Anakin was a good kid," but we didn't see that for 20 years after ROTJ. We know we'll see more Kylo Ren; the next movie is likely to focus hugely on his past. Wait a couple years!

Also, I don't like this idea that Han and Leia's breakup and Kylo Ren's heel turn are somehow separate events, it's very clear that Kylo's turn is the catalyst for that. The same with Luke. And Luke leaving I can completely believe--Yoda tells him he's the last of the Jedi and to pass on what he's learned; Luke spends the rest of the movie struggling not to give in to the dark side, and while he succeeds in that movie, the only thing he's seemed to pass on to Kylo Ren--his own flesh and blood--is his anger, his fear, his insecurity. Kylo kills all of Luke's students and possibly Luke's wife (speculation), he has definitively failed in being a good teacher. Who else fucked up their main student and had him become a masked black guy with a red lightsaber? Who is Luke's surrogate father and main influence? Obi-Wan. What did Obi-Wan do when that happened? He ran and hid and became Alec Guinness.

Plus, we don't even know exactly what Luke is doing. We know he ran, but Luke wasn't a General in the Republic; he was just some retired guy who happened to be a Jedi. Leia says he went looking for the first Jedi temple or something--why? Probably to make sense out of everything, find out where he fucked up.
It's like I said, maybe chapters 8 and 9 can make sense of episode 7. But we really won't know until they tell the story, and until then, I remain unhappy with the way episode 7's story was told. :(
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Sparky Prime wrote:From what I've read, Harrison Ford may yet still appear in Episode 8...
force ghost!
I think more likely he'd be in a vision of the past, like Rey had when she touched the lightsaber.