December Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: December Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:
But not every kid develops those spacial skills and fine motor skills at the same time, so some of the younger kids I knew at the time - like 5 to 7 years old - were still a little confounded. And not every kid wants cool poses, they just want to put out an arm and make pew pew or whoosh whoosh noises, or they even want the figures to hit each other a la MOTU's spring-loaded waists.
I was a clumsy and disorganized kid.

But, I knew that my Luke Skywalker (or whatever) figure did not look right when I tried to pose it like a given scene from the movies. "Why can't I make look stand like the movie? Oh, the toy does not have moving parts here."
It's not a question of what kids can't do, it's a question of what they can.

Shockwave wrote:And I just found out that there are in fact 3.75" black figures for Episode VII. So.. gotta pick those up at some point. Seems they're Walmart exclusive which is why I didn't know this. Of course the downside is that I now have to go to Walmart.
They're $12 (I think maybe went up to $13 already) and not every store is getting the second wave - the TFA wave. It's so clusterfucked, Hasbro really has done a disservice to the line.

Onslaught Six wrote:
Having watched my mom go through bass guitars, pedals, amps, electronic drum pieces, electric guitars, MIDI controller, and every other tactile piece of equipment known to man over the last 20 years, I can tell you that once you start down that path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will. That said, if the keyboard you get has a MIDI interface or even USB, then at least you get the best of both worlds. For xmas this year my mom got the B1Xon and it's pretty cool, interesting effects right out of the box, but man, it never ends.
You've never seen my studio, have you? I already have three keyboards; I bought myself a guitar stand 3 months ago and I already need another one because it's full, and I have too many pedals as it is. There is an entire rack of vocal processing shit next to me as I type. I'm already in the hole, man. It's probably worth it.
I fixed your link code (there are no quotes in link code here).

Anyway, it sounds like you need LESS equipment, not more. :mrgreen:
Yeah, what the hell was up with Hasbro then?
Their success in the mid '80s made them cash-heavy, so they bought up a lot of competition, but their failures in the late '80s forced them to rely on those competitors' franchises and designers. They were too interested in the '80s corporate politics and not focused on keeping their markets healthy, it's not uncommon when companies become big conglomerates. Same thing happened in 2000 when they were flush with Lucasfilm money from the Episode I license pre-sales, they bought Galoob and Cap Toys (who mostly made candy) and other competition, then when sales of Ep 1 toys bombed they nearly went bankrupt and had to liquidate their 3 warehouses entirely and restructure the company to survive. I suspect they're about to go through this sort of thing again, they're top-heavy with management.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?