September/October Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: September/October Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:-JAPANESE MACH ALERT. HOLY SHIT. Anyone that knows me knows that I would have always preferred the Japanese Mach Alert to the American RID Prowl. I wasn't fond of the tampo placement and how it completely covered up the black point logo that all the Japanese police cars have. Naturally, I went looking for a Mach Alert and found a few that were $40ish, but to hell with that, right? So I'm checking out auctions when I find this lot, containing this and the others below...for $15 shipped BIN. I got a Japanese Mach Alert for $15 shipped. He was listed as RID Prowl (clearly the seller had no idea or didn't care about the differences) and he's missing his missiles and launcher, which I also snapped up for about $5 from a different listing--more than worth the "hassle" of having to buy parts from a different source and paying a little extra.
Nice find. I don't mind the Autobot insignias on the RID bots, but I wouldn't mind the Japanese versions at some point, because they do look good without them.
Onslaught Six wrote:-BW Fox Kids! Rhinox! I had this version of Rhinox as a kid--my parents knew that I liked Rhinox--but I hated that he wasn't green like he was in...the show. So I spraypainted him green. Badly. Last I remember, that toy was waiting to be restored in a box somewhere in this house but I have NO clue where that would even be now. Much easier to buy a new one for $5.
I tried to paint mine too. I even went looking for some chrome green for the bot, for that show-accurate look, but couldn't find any. I got half the rhino shell painted brown, half the inside robot painted, lost interest, and now the thing is in pieces. Probably in many pieces in my daughters' rooms. I don't let them touch many Transformers, but I let them have my half-customized piece of junk. :D
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Nice find. I don't mind the Autobot insignias on the RID bots, but I wouldn't mind the Japanese versions at some point, because they do look good without them.
Mach Alert is probably the only one out of the three where it truly bothered me, because of the iconic nature of the Japanese police deco. The Autobot logo Hasbro put on it completely obscures the point of the design and screws it up!

Update on CHMS Guy: He claims he didn't know it was a bootleg and gladly handed me $10 back, which is plenty fair.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Leader Thundercracker. I was at Target getting other stuff and figured I'd give this mold a shot. It's not as bad as I was expecting, so that's good I guess, but it does have some flaws and some real missed opportunities.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

"We made a jet where the cockpit doesn't become the robot chest! Let's make it all of the robots where that is a thing." Worst idea.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.