Hasbro should make a mascot fighter a la Super Smash Bros.

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Hasbro should make a mascot fighter a la Super Smash Bros.

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I was mindlessly browsing reddit and came across someone making a suggestion for a game like this, and I thought it'd be an excellent idea. What properties do you think Hasbro should include, which characters, and what kind of moves would they have? Here are some of my ideas:

Transformers: the most obvious category. I'd say a minimum of 3 characters from this franchise, probably some combination of Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starscream. Maybe we'd have clone characters of alternate skins: the versions of these transformers would probably be based off either the film or the show du jour at the time of the game's release, but you could unlock G1 versions of the characters (sorta like how there's Link and then Kid/Toon Link). I'd imagine a lot of moves would involve you shifting into your alt mode and ramming your enemies.

GI Joe: Snake Eyes is a must-have. Could easily include Storm Shadow as a pallete swap. I don't know enough about Joe to suggest any other characters. Maybe a Porkchop Sandwich could be a healing item?

MLP: I hate the show, the franchise and everything about it,but I can't deny it's popular. I think there was a fan made pony fighting simulator anyway so just pluck ideas from there. Doesn't one of them have magic powers and one of them have telekinesis or something? You could also do the same thing with the transformers and have the fatter looking designs from the 80s be unlockable skins.

Dungeons and Dragons: Oh yeah. Get yourself a Beholder as a fighter, each attack is a different eye beam. Maybe Drizzt, who could use Guenhwyvar? If Elminster is included, it'd be as an unlockable character. And I'd love to get a Warforged, but I think that's out of the question. They could also just go generic and have a "fighter" or "paladin" as playable characters.

Magic the Gathering: I could see all of the original five planeswalkers being made into characters, but Chandra Nalaar strikes me as the best fit for a fighting game. Maybe they can have powers related to summoning monsters, too.

Mr. Potato Head: Because why the fuck not?

You guys got any other suggestions?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro should make a mascot fighter a la Super Smash Bro

Post by Shockwave »

I've always thought a TF fighting game Mortal Kombat style would be cool. You're correct that there was a fan made MLP Fighter called My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic. It was even supported by series creator Lauren Faust, but Hasbro put a cease and desist order on the company that made it so it's deader than disco. For GI Joe, I think Cobra Commander, Crimson Guard, Destro, Serpentor, Duke, Roadblock, Flint, Lady Jaye, Scarlett, Cobra Viper, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Maybe even Baroness. For other properties they own: Mr. Potatohead because I could totally get on board with that, the Monopoly Guy, Umm... who else do they have?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro has the rights to make Marvel action figures. Recreate the G1 cover with Spider-Man webbing up Megatron. Um, what what else does Hasbro's website list under their brands... Jem and the Holograms. Star Wars. Star Trek. Furby. I could see some stages being based on board games. Have some assist items based on stuff like Nerf guns and Koosh. That would be an interesting game...
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Sparky Prime wrote:Hasbro has the rights to make Marvel action figures. Recreate the G1 cover with Spider-Man webbing up Megatron. Um, what what else does Hasbro's website list under their brands... Jem and the Holograms. Star Wars. Star Trek. Furby. I could see some stages being based on board games. Have some assist items based on stuff like Nerf guns and Koosh. That would be an interesting game...
I'm pretty sure that license only extends to action figures, Activision has the rights to marvel's characters when it comes to vidyagaems.

Oh, if they have a playable Jem she should be like Zelda/Sheik.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I'm pretty sure that license only extends to action figures, Activision has the rights to marvel's characters when it comes to vidyagaems.
Considering this is a 'what-if' scenario to begin with, not sure that matters. Besides, Activision has made Transformers games, with games like Transformers: Animated for the DS and the upcoming Rise of the Dark Spark. And I believe Marvel's partnership with Activision came to an end in January, according to the first two articles on Google, but even then, other companies like Capcom has been allowed to use the Marvel characters.