March Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

March Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

I got Dark of the Moon on DVD finally, though I had a little trouble. Bought the DVD, took it home, opened it and there was no movie inside the case. Had to go exchange it for a replacement, and checked to be sure the movie was in there before I left the store!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: March Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:I got Dark of the Moon on DVD finally, though I had a little trouble. Bought the DVD, took it home, opened it and there was no movie inside the case. Had to go exchange it for a replacement, and checked to be sure the movie was in there before I left the store!
I had the same thing happen with War For Cybertron on the 360 after my 360 got stolen. Went to replace it, blank disk. Took it back, the guy at the store opened the sealed copy right there to find... blank disk. I wound up just downloading directly to my replacement 360 from xbl.

Anyway, can't beleive we're this far into March and nobody is posting hauls. So the family and I went to Disneyland first weekend this month. Got some figures from the Star Tours ride and a Force FX lightsaber, also got an Indiana Jones fedora.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:[quote="andersonh1"
Anyway, can't beleive we're this far into March and nobody is posting hauls.
My excuse is that I haven't been buying as much stuff lately. Been doing more vidya gaming than toy collecting, and Playstation's just giving away games like mad lately. Playstation Plus is pretty rad. Also, we're about to pay off one of my wife's student loans, so we've both been kind of trying to build up the savings account some.

All that said, the other day I couldn't resist the Lego Creator Forest Creatures set, especially clearanced to seven bucks. Right now, it's built into a monkey and a toucan, and the monkey toy is kind of amazing. It feels really solid for a Lego toy, and is pretty highly articulated for....anything. Like, the face is articulated so you can change this monkey dude's expressions. Good times.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

My excuse is that I haven't been buying as much stuff lately.
This. Being unemployed again isn't fun. I mean, we're living, but you know.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hasbro has sucked the life out of collecting TF and Star Wars lately, so not much in the way of purchases.

I did pick up my pull list's backlog though, 10 comics plus I bought an extra copy of Dark Cybertron 7 by accident.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I also forgot to mention that my friends and I went to Comic Con Sacramento. We only went on Friday because of time and money, but I did get a Decepticon lunch box and some pins.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hasbro has sucked the life out of collecting TF and Star Wars lately, so not much in the way of purchases.
There's that, too. I was employed for a whopping three months and the store I worked in literally restocked Generations one time. I picked up three guys I actually wanted during that time period, and three more just because they were there. (The three were Ripclaw, Laserback and BH Smokescreen. Incidentally, I just opened the latter and he's not bad for what he is.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Western Digital N600 Wifi dual band router - this actually proved to be somewhat pointless since the problem was my cable modem. Oh well, only $30.

Yeah, my stores just keep restocking the same old crap on rare occasion.

I like BH Smokescreen quite a bit.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Picked up Infamous: Second Son today, so that's pretty much what I'll be doing for awhile.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Last week & this week,I bought voume 1,2 & 3 of the IDW TF Regeneration comics trade paper backs. I paid around $15 each for each volume. I prefer the trade paper back route as it's cheaper & I get free shipping.

As most here,Have seen me type. My nearest comic book store is 60 miles away round trip. With Gasoline being almost $4 per gallon. I don't think it makes sense using the bulk of my comic book budget money on paying for Gasoline traveling to the comic store. So i'd rather buy TFP's online for 30% less & get free shipping.

I already read The first TFP volume one of Regeneration last friday for regeneration. I plan to read Regereration volume 2 & 3 tonight. Sadly I'll have to wait till June to read volume 4 of Regeneration as this is the release date.