NY Toy Fair thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

NY Toy Fair thread

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Surprised no one made one already.

I'm pretty "meh" on most of the movie line, but... Generations Sky-Byte? Hasbro, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: NY Toy Fair thread

Post by 138 Scourge »

The only real "Holy shit, lookit THAT!" moment I had was looking at the Death's Head Marvel figure. The movie toys aren't really getting me going, but a line with that many robot dinosaurs is bound to have a couple things I want, at least.

And hey, Roadbuster looks pretty decent. He gets a "maybe", anyway.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Wait, Death's Head is getting a toy?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

In the Marvel line, apparently. Someone get a link, I'm on a phone.

The movie stuff...actually looks good. All the Dinobots, the cars, everything. I'm kinda in.

I hate the new Jetfire. Fake chest = no sale. Pity, too, because he's kinda decent otherwise.

Roadbuster though! Everything else I can't remember right now! The decent, if small, GI Joe 50th line!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

TF4 toys I'll be buying:
1- All of the more complex deluxe sized Dinobots. I'm hoping they get recolored in G-1 colors.
2- Leader Grimlock
3- Voyager Grimlock
4- Stomp & chomp 12 inch transforming Grimlock.
5- Voyager Evasive action Optimus Prime,As it looks like a passable 1984 Optimus toy/cartoon homage.
6- Voyager hound,I'm just gonna call this toy Movie-Verse Bulkhead. as this is what it was probably originally meant to be.

2014 generations toys i'll be buying:
1- Leader size Jetfire.
2- Leader Sized Megatron,too bad it wasn't shown at toyfair. I'm hoping its based off the IDW 2014 Dark Cybertron megatron in both modes.
3- Voyager Skybyte.
4- Voyager Roadbuster.
5- Legends size insecticon Sharpshot.
6- Deluxe Nightbeat,The recolor+retool of Idw Bumblebee.
7- I'll buy the Windblade mold if it gets recolored in Slipscream's colors with a newer slipscream head sculpt.

Transformers Hero smashers toys i'll be buying:
1- G-1 1984 Megatron with the extras. Because this looks like a 1989 TF ActionMasters done right. Thus far I only like Megatron,Because the sculpt looks the best & he's one of my favorite TF characters. I might get more later on,If Hasbro makes more of my favorite characters & sculpts them nicely.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

So are there only like two decepticon figures for AOE, Lockdown and Galvatron? I'm guessing the human villains will take a larger role in the film- not something I'm crazy about.

Gotta say Hound looks surprisingly good.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:So are there only like two decepticon figures for AOE, Lockdown and Galvatron?
There is also going to be a Decepticon called Stinger that's been confirmed.

Have to say, I really like the looks of several of the new figures. Generations Jetfire, despite the obvious fake robot chest on the underside of the jet mode still looks really nice to me. The G1 inspired movie Optimus is a pleasent surprise, and looks so much better compared to the other Leader class figure. The Dinobots look really cool. Overall, pretty impressive showing this year.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Well, my suspicions about Jetfire have been confirms. Ah well, that is a large expensive toy that I can skip.

Death's Head and Deth Lock are impressive though. (I want to like the Ares figure. But, I cannot.)

Planning to skip the movie toys unless "Age of Extinction" impresses me more than a Bay movie can reasonably be expected to.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Transformers feels like a year to walk away from the brand. Every figure has hollow limbs from The Creeping Cheapness!, the movie designs look like shit (oh Drift, oh man is that a misstep), Grimlock wants to be Bludgeon,
Spoiler
AOE Galvatron is Nemesis Prime
, Sky-Byte is still pre-posed in alt mode, Windblade's stupid kabuki face might ruin it for me, and the fact that there's going to be a mountain of movie figures that are dumbed-down flipchangers and whatnot means a squeeze-out on the good line. Mashers looks like a fun line for kids, but it's characters really that collectors would be interested in, and it's just confused as to the direction it's taking - this is an odd time to return to Action Masters.

AOE Hound looks alright minus the stupid beard, but the sample they brought looks really cheap.

AOE dlx Evasion Mode Optimus kinda looks good but something's wonky about the face, and there are multiple paint schemes out there.

Roadbuster looks good but not great

Jetfire as a leader class might work, but looks a little chintzy and simplistic at this stage, so it's wait and see for me. The way they executed the chest is a likely no-go.

They got a Lamborghini license and did THAT with it?!?

Ugh, that Corvette shellmaster is painful to look at.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Roadbuster looks good but not great
What would make him better?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.