NY Toy Fair thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: NY Toy Fair thread

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Ugh, that Corvette shellmaster is painful to look at.
Considering he's got a trench-coat type design going on from what they showed of him in the trailer, I think they did a decent job replicating that look with the toy.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I feel the opossite of almost everyone in this thread. I thought hasbro did a great job this year with there TF toys.

I thought all the TF4 Generations & 30th Generations toys for 2014 were all home runs.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

The heyday of my collecting days was probably Energon-Cybetron, and while I noticed toys jump in price after that, have transformers really got that much more expensive to produce, or is Hasbro just cheap?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: there's going to be a mountain of movie figures that are dumbed-down flipchangers and whatnot means a squeeze-out on the good line. Mashers looks like a fun line for kids, but it's characters really that collectors would be interested in, and it's just confused as to the direction it's taking - this is an odd time to return to Action Masters.
Not to play Devil's advocate here,but these 2014 TF toys you mentioned above are strickly aimed at 5 year olds. We adults are not the target audience. so getting upset about this makes no sense. There is plenty of TF toys yearly aimed at adults fans,just buy those & not the toddler intendended ones.

We as fans need to be thankful that HasTak is going the extra mile to please the older adults fans. At least HasTak is making a effort & Acknowledging us.

The 2014 TF4 Generations & 30th Generations toys are the ones HasTak is aiming towards adults collects according to this recent BWTF.COM Hasbro top level employees interview. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... iew/29470/
JediTricks wrote: Transformers feels like a year to walk away from the brand. Every figure has hollow limbs from The Creeping Cheapness!, the movie designs look like shit.
From my perspective,things are getting better now worse.From a Five year TF brand time frame,TFA & DOTM created the worse inferior toys of this 5 year period. The 2011 had the Worse TF toys ever made. 2012 made slightly better TF toys than 2011 did. 2013,The TF sculpts were leaps & bounds better than 2012. 2014 appears to have more superior sculpts than the 2013 year did.
JediTricks wrote: (oh Drift, oh man is that a misstep), Grimlock wants to be Bludgeon,
Spoiler
AOE Galvatron is Nemesis Prime
, Sky-Byte is still pre-posed in alt mode, Windblade's stupid kabuki face might ruin it for me, and the fact that
From that leaked list last year,there's going to be a AOE Voyager Drift toy,so perhaps you'll like it better than the deluxe aoe toy. if not,at least he got a beautiful awesome toy years ago in generations.

AOE Voyager & Leader sized Grimlock toys are pure awesome,highly sculpted,beyond poseable,powerful,well armed & just beautiful in both modes. HasTak hit home runs with these two toys. now if you want to discuss Previous Grimlock toys that were lacking & just wastes of plastic,the Energon Deluxe Grimlock toy,1.0 deluxe Grimlock & FOC Voyager Grimlock toys are inferior cheaply made short cuts toys.

I blame the size scale not the sculpt for the reason why AOE Voyager Galvatron is such a miss of a toy. Had it been leader size,it would have had more parts,higher sculpt,higher budget & so forth. HasTak didn't need to make Two different sculpted leader sized AOE OPtimus Prime toys. The AOE FE Leader scale Optimus toy was enough. AOE Generations Leader scale Optimus's toy was not needed. Instead HasTak could of made a AOE Generations leader scale Galvatron toy.

I was a bit sad to see the bent shark design for 30th Skybyte. I suspose HasTak felt it was necessary as a proper homage design. Honestly it doesn't really bother me. As the 30th sculpt in both modes is still very beautiful & highly sculpted. This is definately one of HasTak's better homage toys. the 30th toy surpasses the 1999 mold by leaps & bounds.
JediTricks wrote: AOE Hound looks alright minus the stupid beard, but the sample they brought looks really cheap.

AOE dlx Evasion Mode Optimus kinda looks good but something's wonky about the face, and there are multiple paint schemes out there.

Roadbuster looks good but not great

Jetfire as a leader class might work, but looks a little chintzy and simplistic at this stage, so it's wait and see for me. The way they executed the chest is a likely no-go.

They got a Lamborghini license and did THAT with it?!?

Ugh, that Corvette shellmaster is painful to look at.
I suspect early on,the initial name for AOE Hound was Bulkhead. that beard is probably a mock evolution of TFA/TFP-BH Bulkheads metal jaw.

AOE Evasion Optimus is Voyager scale not deluxe scale. Hasbro or a 3rd party is bound to release a newer head with a faceplate. I think this toy is pure awesome in both modes. This is the toy I always wanted for Classics Optimus. I'm considering this toy a clever bone HasTak threw the classics Generations toys fans

Roadbuster turned out leaps & bounds better than I could have ever dreamed. it's a great homage toy in both modes.

HasTak had to design this 30th Jetfire toy in a way Macross could not sue. I think the toy is pure win in both modes. having a 1985 jet design with a 1985 cartoon design was pure genious. this toy more than shows what the HasTak team can do. I don't see a problem here as the toy in both modes is very beautiful & highly sculpted. It makes both the toy & cartoons fans happy in one singular toy. there is nothing wrong with the robot mode,its super poseable,Etremely beautiful in both sculpted modes,proper scale,even balanced proportions,high enginered,well armed & beautiful homage colors.

IMHO,Those movie-verse cars-bots on both faction sides are always super ugly in sculpt in robot mode.

It seems like HasTak likes to replicate the TFA lockdown alt mode & robot mode every year in each newer TF toy line. The TFP Vehicons were a homage to TFA Lockdowns design. Now it appears that Corvette with the trench coat is another homage to TFA's Lockdown's design.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:The heyday of my collecting days was probably Energon-Cybetron, and while I noticed toys jump in price after that, have transformers really got that much more expensive to produce, or is Hasbro just cheap?
Like every other company worldwide,HasTak raised the prices on TF toys worldwide due the Gasoline/oil Prices being almost tripple the price they were a few years ago.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

This is why our TFs should be made from corn-ethanol derived plastics!

Plus when the world ends you could then eat your TFs as a delicious snack.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm still not liking the movie designs at all so AOE is a big easy skip for me. The Generations stuff looks good, and apparently I'm the only one here who is actually looking forward to the new Jetfire.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:Iand apparently I'm the only one here who is actually looking forward to the new Jetfire.
No your not,I've said numberous times here in various thread. That I think the 30th Jetfire is a beautiful sculpt & i'll be buying it.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

While I'm not a fan of the second cockpit being visible in both modes, I'd have to say I don't think that it's the worst offender of false parts kibble like that we've seen. I still think it's a great looking figure overall.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Yeah, I'm not mad about the fake cockpit, either, but I'm still okay with the Classics version. This one doesn't look different enough to make me feel like I need another Jetfire.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.