Japanese Anime love the WWI & WWII time settings.

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Just for fun,Does anyone care to list various Anime series that are set in the WWI-WWII time era.

I recently re-noticed this When I finally got a chance to see the Full metal Alchemis movie on the cartoon network.
Also the Legend of Korra is set in the WWI-WWII time period.

I just think Japan Anime loves this WWI-WWII time setting,Because this is when they were at the height of there power & almost came the closets to ruling half of the world.

I love the Japanese Anime fascination with old military vehicles that were deemed obsolete & inferior. Like the Zeppelin,various old school battle ships made out of wood & metal.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Japanese Anime love the WWI & WWII time settings.

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Just for fun,Does anyone care to list various Anime series that are set in the WWI-WWII time era.
I've can think of a couple anime films I've seen that take place during WWII...
Grave of the Fireflies
Hadashi no Gen
Anne no Nikki (Diary of Anne Frank)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
On a Paper Crane
I recently re-noticed this When I finally got a chance to see the Full metal Alchemis movie on the cartoon network.
That was an interesting take they did, having our world on the other side of The Gate during WWII. Very different from how the manga/Brotherhood series took the story.
Also the Legend of Korra is set in the WWI-WWII time period.
No it's not. The Avatar world is very much it's own thing. The closest comparison for Legend of Korra I'd say might be more of 19th century steampunk type setting.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: Japanese Anime love the WWI & WWII time settings.

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Not to mention Legend of Korra is an American show.