January Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: January Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

In the mail from Amazon: All Star archives #8, featuring (I think) Superman and Batman's only appearance as part of a Golden Age JSA story.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Two nice used trades today: The Justice Society Returns and Justice League: A New Beginning. The latter is the collected first 7 issues of the post-Legends League with DeMattis, Giffen and Maguire. I haven't read it in years, but it's still really good and stands up fairly well.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I broke down and bought a Metroplex only to find out I don't have a place in my apartment big enough for him, so right now he's sitting on my couch.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I broke down and bought a Metroplex only to find out I don't have a place in my apartment big enough for him, so right now he's sitting on my couch.
Nice! What do you think of it so far?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Shockwave wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:I broke down and bought a Metroplex only to find out I don't have a place in my apartment big enough for him, so right now he's sitting on my couch.
Nice! What do you think of it so far?
This thing is absolutely 100% an "adult collectable"- I can't see a kid having the patience to put on all these god-damned stickers, and it doesn't really have ay special play features. I've never owned a baseformer- closest that I ever got was Armada Unicron, but for a long time I dreamed about buying a Fort Max and compared to all the cool features that toy has, Metroplex is really just a big showpiece. He's a VERY nice showpiece, especially in robot mode, which is where all the design obviously went to because his other two modes suck dick. I can pull off the same pose he does for his "city mode" and I look more like a city than he does.

I dunno. I'm not disappointed because I wasn't expecting to play with him, but I did expect him to be "cooler". C'est la vie.

EDIT: Banana for scale
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

My girlfriend spotted Beast Fire Predaking on clearance today for $25 and she snapped it up for me! He is truly awesome, and so is she!!