January Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

January Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

I'm still homebound with this cold, but I received my first thing of the year at my doorstep yesterday...

Mediabridge brand TOSLINK 6' cable - now my TV and my new soundbar can have an optical audio data party! No more hum and teakettle whistle from cheap cables, no sir. Seems to work, no obvious signal degradation and the TV is happy again (it didn't like the analog audio out, which even caused a DRM issue with both of my rear HDMI ports, I had to do full reset).
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: January Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Oh, and I guess I'll list my xmas hauls...

Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Magnus blaster - the pistol that uses the new Mega darts. Hurts like a motherfucker when you shoot yourself with it. Internal clip only holds 3 darts, but whatever, it's still slick and bigger than a Desert Eagle. Pretty accurate and good distance too.

Star Wars Blueprints (which may be heavier than my actual coffee table)
SW Vader mug
Samsung soundbar
Cyber Acoustics pc speakers
navy blue robe
quad copter
a Planet Express sticker
a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek knife (which I also got for my sis)
lined driving gloves
TIE Interceptor on lightning deal (bought for myself)
Droid Factory 6-pack on super clearance price (ditto)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Just found the Legends 30th two packs and got all four: Megatron w/Barrage, Optimus w/Roller, Bumblebee with Blazemaster, and Starscream with Waspinator. So far, I'm actually pretty impressed with these figures. They're good renditions of the characters and the "minicons" that come with them is cool too. And because they're all legends scale, this effectively gives me 8 new toys to use with Metroplex, including a helicopter to land on the helipad. Score!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Generations Blitzwing. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I do wish the back half of the jet mode locked together better but so far that's my only complaint. I haven't had any problems with the shoulders that everyone was talking about.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Really? Huh. Maybe they fixed the issue in later waves or something, or you got the one good one.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Maybe I can finally stop putting off buying Blitzwing if they've fixed the issues.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Either that or maybe I'm just not bothered by it. It is dificult to get the shoulders into position but once I have him posed he does seem to stay that way. The biggest problem I have now is the back of the tank mode not locking together. I've figured out the jet mode so maybe I just need to fiddle with it more. Overall though I am pretty happy with him. And I like the face changes.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Tranformers Prime: Predacons Rising on DVD. The ad for that at the start of season 3 is very annoying, because it gives away several key plot points that I didn't really want to know ahead of time. :evil:
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Picked up Sons of Anarchy Season Six on the Amazon digital thing. It was cheap and the last episode that Netflix had was a brutal cliffhanger.

And in terms of physical media, my wife and I bought Rise of the Guardians on Blu-Ray, because we didn't have any Blu-Ray discs yet and now that we got two Playstations, we figured why not. And in case I haven't said it before, holy hell, Rise of the Guardians is the best superhero movie. Mainly I'm a sucker for their depiction of Santa as a total badass who's still completely jovial, but really, that whole movie is rad from start to finish.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Today's comics: MTMTE #25, Superior Spider Man #25 and Daredevil #35. My MTMTE cover has Beast Machines Tankorr on it for some reason. I haven't read the issue yet to see if he's in the story, but I'm always glad to see Beast Machines get a reference. I still say Obsidian and Strika should make an appearance in the series.