Is anyone watching The Legend of Korra Cartoon series?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Is anyone watching The Legend of Korra Cartoon series?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Is anyone watching The Legend of Korra Cartoon series? If your watching the series,What do you think about it thus far?

I am watching Kora,due to me being a Huge fan of,the last airbender avatatar series. I caught most of season/book 1 & 2 on my Cable free demand section. Some episodes I did see on cable.

I'll be the first to admit,I thought the Last airbender series was far better. As far as excitement,characters,stories,developed personas & so forth.

I think,The Legend of Korra Series biggest negative,is a almost non-existant cast of team members like the last airbender series had.
Korra is more of a loner & lacks the social skills/team spirit that made the last airbender series so highly watched.

Then there is the apparent dullness & often times booriness of the Korra series. often times,some episodes are so stale & booring,there a royal pain to watch till the end.

The Korra series does have it's positives. Like a more beautiful star character. Each season/book has a story that ends in that season. viewers get to see tons of flash back of the last airbender cast all grown up. more back story about the spirit world & the previous avatars.

I thought the second season/book final arc/plot episodes were far more interesting & entertaining than the First season arc/plot final episodes.

For those unaware,The Korra series,will have 4 seasons/books. So two down,two more to go.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Is anyone watching The Legend of Korra Cartoon series?

Post by Sparky Prime »

I'm a big fan of both The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra myself. Season 2 of Korra was a lot better than the first, but then season 1 had to establish a lot of the new characters and some of the history that had passed since Last Airbender, so I thought it was understandable that it would take them some time to find their own groove. Certainly was interesting to see how they ended the second season as well. I've always loved how they can take the story and even if you can guess what's coming, they still pull a surprise twist at the end that makes it all the more exciting.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Yup, I'm watching Korra and loving it. I don't think it's as good as The Last Airbender, but then, I'm pretty convinced that nothing's as good as The Last Airbender. I get all worked up and try to do the bending motions when each episode starts.

The one thing that they haven't been able to pull off in Korra that they did in Airbender, I think, is that the characters don't have the same kind of motivations to 'em. I know it's likely because they didn't think they'd have the same kind of time to cover all that at first, but with a couple exceptions, it seems like when you meet a character in Korra, you've pretty much got the gist of 'em.

That said, I like that Korra's got shorter arcs than Airbender. Airbender pulled off the epic quest better than probably any epic quest I've run into, Korra's shorter stories are a nice change.

So, pretty much, if they want to keep doing this show forever and taking the Avatar concept into the present and future and everything, I support 'em a hundred percent. Also, I'd like to move to this world and learn waterbending because that's the best superpower I've ever seen.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Just started watching Avatar The Last Airbender for the first time ever. It's really good so far! I imagine I'll get to Korra once I'm done with this show.