December Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

December Hauls!!

Post by andersonh1 »

I'll kick the thread off. After another 3-week break from my weekly trek to the comic shop, I headed over today to pick up my pull list before more was added on Wednesday. MTMTE 23 and RID 23 (chapters 2 and 3 of Dark Cybertron), Superior Spider Man 21 and 22, Adventures of Superman 7, Regeneration One #96, Daredevil #33, and Batman 66 #5. I've got a bit of reading to do!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: December Hauls!!

Post by Tigermegatron »

Yesterday,I went to target & bought the TFP/BH complete season 3 DVD set.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Kreons. I got the Optimus Prime and Starscream sets (the small, non blind carded ones) and the Defensor set. Last month I got two blind bag figures, Ramjet and Nosecone and Megatron and Bumblebee. Will do a review of these later but so far I'm liking the individual Kreon sets. So far my only complaint is the lack of an accurately painted helmets, but that is somewhat mitigated by the customizability factor.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

My own pull file is getting out of control. I started draining it this week. (More on that in the comics thread.)

Stuff I got recently:
-some freeware forensics tools. Gotta sit down and figure out how to use 'em. But, I got 'em.
-more clients at my tutoring job. Hopefully, this will translate in to more hours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Hey, an actual Transformers haul today. Bought Megatron and Chop Shop at Target. Nice little targetmaster version of Chop Shop that's dead simple, but a reasonable tiny replica of the original figure. Megatron is, I presume, meant to be the miner version with the hazard stripes on his helmet that we saw from Megatron Origin, or something similar. Nice transformation into a tank that allows for a rotating turret. Good little set, all things considered.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I got Generations Blitzwing. I thought, "There's no way his shoulders are as bad as everybody says. The Internet exaggerates everything. It'll be fine."

Ye Gods! The shoulder problem basically ruins what is basically an otherwise fantastic toy. Oh, and I don't like how his turret just hangs there loosely on the back. It's...weird, and lazy.

Also, we put our new fake tree up. Here's some crappy iPhone pics on Tumblr. (What have I become?)
http://onslaughtsix.tumblr.com/post/693 ... goofy-shit
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I got a package delivered by Fedex today,it was from HTS.com,My 30th Rhinox toy arrived today. I had preordered the toy over a month ago.

I was 50/50 on this 30th Rhonix toy. Mainly due to me wanting other BW characters on my wish list to get the Voyager toy slots for the 30th toy line. like BW Second Lio Convoy/Prime,voyager sized BW 1996 Tigatron & then the obvious repaints into Shadow panther & maybe Cheetor. Voyager sized BW TM2 Megatron,.

Overall,I never really had anything against the BW Rhinox CGI character or the newer 30th toy. I think it looks amazing. Hasbro did a great job with this toy sculpt. needless to say,I have seen hasbro do worse,like 2.0 Cheetor & 2.0 Dinobot.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Yeah, Blitzwing is rough as hell. I picked that thing up at the same time as I got Springer, so it looked even worse compared to a toy that does pretty much everything right.

Hey, I got a new toy a few days back! That's pretty rare these days, but hell. I'd been craving a new TF, and since the Target I was at didn't have Trailbreaker, I went with Sharkticon Megatron.

The color scheme and the underwater monster theme of the toy were hard for me to resist. The robot mode's a neat looking scary fish monster robot, the vehicle mode is ridiculous nonsense, but making it a killer fish jet instead of just a silly looking space jet gives it a more appealing, over the top level of ridiculous nonsense. Only real downside is the transformation's sort of a pain, since the vehicle mode's just this goofy thing it's harder to intuit where the different pieces are supposed to go. Once I realized how much of the thing had tabs that snap together to make the whole thing stable, it became a little easier.

The weapon's super-cool, a piranah-thing with a pistol grip that turns into a sword-spear kind of deal. More like this would be okay in my book.

Also, awhile back my wife brought over some old toys that she and her brother had back in the day. The coolest thing in there was a pile of old-school ninja turtles figures. There's a few of the turtles themselves, like Football Raph and Hockey Leo, and a pretty cool Don in a trenchcoat and hat, but the real winners are the weird-ass other characters from the line. Sure, I recognized Usagi Yojimbo and Baxter the fly dude, but then there was a duck guy in an aviator jacket, and commando gorilla dude, and Metalhead (I think? Robot Turtle?). Man, this line must have been happening at the exact point back in the day that I just didn't care about neat toys at all, because they had a lot of crazy stuff going on that made for some cool figures that I just never noticed. Don't think I'm gonna start collecting 'em or anything, but it's kind of cool having 'em.

Actually, I have sort of been tempted to just get the four turtles from the new line of figures, because those look really good, but I've been down this kind of rabbit hole before, and I know where it goes.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Got a new computer during Cyber Monday, and migrating over has been a bit of a slog - I have about half my vital programs moved as of now. Windows 8.1 isn't quite as bad as I expected, but there are some odd foibles that make no sense... I'm talking to you, start menu. WTF was the point of putting a start button on the taskbar that doesn't have a start menu attached? Oh well, I know how to get around.

Some clothes on sale from black friday, half of which just went back today.

TIE Interceptor (Hasbro, Amazon.com exclusive, lightning deal price).

Mara Jade (Hasbro's new one)

MTMTE and RID 23 (ugh, stupid Dark Cybertron spinning its wheels)

And at the mall today, CHPs for Kids was in front of Target so I went in and dropped $60 on toys for donation:
I wanted to make sure there were toys with few parts to lose, no electronics so no batteries to buy, and something for boys and for girls in 2 different age groups. Luckily, Target was having a really good bogo50% sale so I got $90 of toys for $60.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Good call on the batteries and parts. Batteries cost money. And, even if the kid is careful with their toys (as they are likely to be if they are getting toys through a charity), a (likely) chaotic or unstable homelife is likely going to mean lost parts.

As for Windows....ugh. Their new and "improved" is terrible. It is harder to visually parse menus. Fonts are jacked up. (Why the fuck does copy/past changes the text fonts to something that matches neither what it was copies from not what it is being pasted to?!?!? Who thought that was a good idea?) Of course, nothing tops the fact that it takes just as long (if not longer) to start Word or Excel as it does to open a browser window.