The Covenant of Primus

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: The Covenant of Primus

Post by Onslaught Six »

Boy does it look a tad silly just being a regular book shape on the outside.
The funniest part is how Megatron is holding it upside down, like he doesn't know which way the Autobot logo is supposed to go.
It depends on where you are as a fan, but generally I'd say it's worth it. Shit, it's $25.05 now on Amazon which means free shipping!
The only reason I haven't snatched this up (besides generally not having money) is that my girlfriend reads on the toilet, and if I get something this cool and readable-in-short-bursts as this, she's going to want to take it in the bathroom with her. (I am comfortable letting her read my magazines, some comics, and even nice books with her. But I draw the line at something as well-put-together as the Vault book.)
Sparky wrote:And the art style later on in the book is actually based on the art style of the WFC/FOC video games, which despite being part of the Aligned continuity doesn't always match up with other elements of the Aligned continuity
Yeah, but the G1 cartoon isn't even consistent with itfuckingself, let alone anything else from the era. There comes a point where you just throw up your hands and go, "Well, they just plain fucked up, but they say it fits, so I'm not going to worry about it."
Dom wrote:And, would that mean that defeat in one timeline only means defeat in one? In this case, Unicron being soundly thrashed in at least two timelines (US comic and "Reaching the Omega Point" at BC00) means that he cannot manifest in those timelines again. Similarly, Vector Prime can still manifest (as implied by the TFU 2008 character bio) despite having "died" in "Cybertron".
Here's the way I was kind of given to understand it--they're like, always manifesting and disappearing and shit. When Unicron is defeated in one universe (TFTM), he instantly manifests in another (Armada, for example). Of course, that could be fanon at this point.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Yeah, but the G1 cartoon isn't even consistent with itfuckingself, let alone anything else from the era. There comes a point where you just throw up your hands and go, "Well, they just plain fucked up, but they say it fits, so I'm not going to worry about it."
You're kinda missing the point, I know the G1 cartoon isn't consistent with itself, but that got nothing to do with this. It's more like comparing the G1 cartoon with the G1 Marvel comics given how the stories in different media don't fit together that ultimately are separate continuities. So what I'm saying is that we don't have a clear indication of the continuity this book takes place in, and it doesn't help that the Aligned continuity isn't clear to begin with given the various forms of media doesn't mesh together.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Boy does it look a tad silly just being a regular book shape on the outside.
The funniest part is how Megatron is holding it upside down, like he doesn't know which way the Autobot logo is supposed to go.
I hadn't put that much thought into it, but funny point.
The only reason I haven't snatched this up (besides generally not having money) is that my girlfriend reads on the toilet, and if I get something this cool and readable-in-short-bursts as this, she's going to want to take it in the bathroom with her. (I am comfortable letting her read my magazines, some comics, and even nice books with her. But I draw the line at something as well-put-together as the Vault book.)
:shock:
Here's the way I was kind of given to understand it--they're like, always manifesting and disappearing and shit. When Unicron is defeated in one universe (TFTM), he instantly manifests in another (Armada, for example). Of course, that could be fanon at this point.
I had not heard that one, I wouldn't personally subscribe to it as it really isn't a multiverse singularity that way but a dimension-hopper, like a twisted TF Quantum Leap... oh god, don't let the OTFCC read that or we'll be seeing the successor of Shattered Glass as such. :lol:
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:
:shock:
You know the weird thing? She thinks I'm weird because I'm not a toilet-reader.

(Spoilers for, I guess, TMI. But we're the forum with the highest search results for "house elf gang bang," so I think we're okay.)
Spoiler
When I'm going to the bathroom, I get business done. I'm in, and I'm out. I received a Conan collection for Christmas, and somehow or another, it ended up in the bathroom. I gave it a shot one day, the whole reading-on-the-toilet bit. Doesn't pan out. I get halfway through a page and I'm done and ready to move on to the next part of my day. When she goes to the bathroom, she spends 20 minutes in there. I don't know if her shits take forever because she's reading, or if she's reading because her shits take forever.

Our relationship is pretty open.
I had not heard that one, I wouldn't personally subscribe to it as it really isn't a multiverse singularity that way but a dimension-hopper, like a twisted TF Quantum Leap... oh god, don't let the OTFCC read that or we'll be seeing the successor of Shattered Glass as such. :lol:
I think you've cracked the code for the 2014 theme.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:You know the weird thing? She thinks I'm weird because I'm not a toilet-reader.

(Spoilers for, I guess, TMI. But we're the forum with the highest search results for "house elf gang bang," so I think we're okay.)
Spoiler
When I'm going to the bathroom, I get business done. I'm in, and I'm out. I received a Conan collection for Christmas, and somehow or another, it ended up in the bathroom. I gave it a shot one day, the whole reading-on-the-toilet bit. Doesn't pan out. I get halfway through a page and I'm done and ready to move on to the next part of my day. When she goes to the bathroom, she spends 20 minutes in there. I don't know if her shits take forever because she's reading, or if she's reading because her shits take forever.

Our relationship is pretty open.
Yeah, that much is clear, VERY OPEN relationship. You should let her know that spending excess time on the toilet leads to hemorrhoids. Look it up. Oh, and don't let her take a smartphone or tablet in there, or you'll never see her again.

I think you've cracked the code for the 2014 theme.
Optimus Prime, making right what once went wrong, hoping each time that the next leap... will be the leap home? ;)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:Optimus Prime, making right what once went wrong, hoping each time that the next leap... will be the leap home? ;)
I actually once came up with the idea that FunPub or someone should do a 'Return of Optimus Primal' comic mini-series, as a direct riff on DC's 'Return of Bruce Wayne' from a few years ago, following Primal as he ended up warping through universes via his major role in the Universe conflict, with covers similar to the Batman series, showing his incarnations in BW, BM, Universe, RID, Cybertron/BWX, and others (man, can you believe how many different series and continuities Primal has appeared in? He even had a brief stint in BWII! Sorenson even wrote a version of him into Animated as 'Primal Major'). I dunno, would be an interesting way to recap the original G1 timeline that originally ended with BM and/or Universe if they ever decided to return to it and continue.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Optimus Prime, making right what once went wrong, hoping each time that the next leap... will be the leap home? ;)
I actually once came up with the idea that FunPub or someone should do a 'Return of Optimus Primal' comic mini-series, as a direct riff on DC's 'Return of Bruce Wayne' from a few years ago, following Primal as he ended up warping through universes via his major role in the Universe conflict, with covers similar to the Batman series, showing his incarnations in BW, BM, Universe, RID, Cybertron/BWX, and others (man, can you believe how many different series and continuities Primal has appeared in? He even had a brief stint in BWII! Sorenson even wrote a version of him into Animated as 'Primal Major'). I dunno, would be an interesting way to recap the original G1 timeline that originally ended with BM and/or Universe if they ever decided to return to it and continue.
Return of Bruce Wayne was where Batman was "killed" by a Darkseid bullet that sent him to the beginning of human existence where he had to bounce through time? Sounds like a good idea for Optimus Primal actually.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I've noticed some discussion on some other sites now that the book is out... Seems at least one detail is causing a bit of controversy. The Thirteenth of the original 13 Primes
Spoiler
is somehow Optimus Prime
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Skimmed a video review of it, the book is huge but the box doesn't have motion which is a big mistake, the motion is what makes these things special, having to open it yourself which triggers sounds just doesn't land for me, and it looks so cheap and thin.

If that spoiler is true, ugh.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Hopefully, I will get a chance to check on Lewis' copy soonishly.

Maybe the spoiler could be read as
Spoiler
one ofthe original 13 TFs being named "Optimus Prime", and the name being perpetuated similar to the way that Megatron's is officially established to have been?
Gonna have to read it to be sure though.

I have no plans to buy my own copy of this book. "Aligned" content has not impressed me aside from a few of the comics. And, those comics are less concerned with unifying the brand than with just being good comics.