Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro 2015 Fan-Built Combiner Poll

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:So it's a NAIL combiner? That's... interesting. They finally got a surprise out of me there.
No, I think just the personality is an 'independent' sort. It's still going to be bound by the standard faction duality, though I don't know if they've revealed what faction it's going to be yet.

Are NAILs still a thing in IDW? I'm not reading Adjectiveless TF and it hasn't really come up in MTMTE, so.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yeah, NAILs are still a thing on Cybertron, it's just that TFnlRID abandoned Cybertron. But NAILs were in Windblade, in Punishment, in everything that took place on current-day Cybertron.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Autobot. It's going to be an Autobot combiner.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

USA Today has announced a few more results of the poll. The new combiner will be a female and her name is Victorion.

So to recap the winning results we've got...

Name: Victorion
Faction: Autobot
Personality: Independent
Nemesis: Galvatronus

Think pretty much the only thing we don't know is which molds won the vote.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Happy with the results of this. A combiner team of 6 female TFs is very cool, and a first for TFs. I would love it if Hasbro really surprised us and gave us all new molds or heavily retooled molds for this team.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Not feeling that name, not digging the premise of merging into a female unless the majority of the gestalt bots are femmes as well, but it's really just that name that is grating.

Seems like our funny little brand here is doing a fantastic job at pandering to the chicks lately, huh? And it seems to be the actual fans deciding that, not specifically the powers that be, I wonder if any other franchise could say that.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:Not feeling that name
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Precisely.

So had I read the article, I would have seen that all the combiners in the bot are females, which is fine. I dunno that only girls voted for females though, I'm sure some male fans voted for a female character as well, I think Hasbro is a little short-sighted there, but whatever.

The sequel to Combiner Wars will be Combiner Hunters?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:Precisely.

So had I read the article, I would have seen that all the combiners in the bot are females, which is fine. I dunno that only girls voted for females though, I'm sure some male fans voted for a female character as well, I think Hasbro is a little short-sighted there, but whatever.

A toylines and comic celebrating every friggin' trip to Target or Wal-Mart I've made this year!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:Precisely.

If I bothered to vote I'd probably have voted for fembots. I mean, why not? We have plenty of male characters, plus, if we vote for fembots we're more likely to get new characters since there are so few of them already (as cool as a combiner made up of, say, Flamewar, Elita-One and Blackarachnia may be)