April Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: April Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

A Klingon Batle'H. I bought it for $50 from a lady I know in one of my Masonic organizations. It's heavy and it's sharp.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:A Klingon Batle'H. I bought it for $50 from a lady I know in one of my Masonic organizations. It's heavy and it's sharp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAOkDamRzU
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Shockwave wrote:A Klingon Batle'H. I bought it for $50 from a lady I know in one of my Masonic organizations. It's heavy and it's sharp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAOkDamRzU
:lol:
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Replacement 6" Luke Bespin - stupid Hasbro, I finally found one with the eyes painted on straight and the damned thing has one loose hip and an incorrectly assembled right thigh, so I had to do the ol' headswap and return the frankenfucked figure back to the store. The head is definitely more Dagobah than Bespin, but pretty good - I'm a little more fond of the ANH head though so far, but it's a good likeness here too. The body has arms easier to work with, but the tap at the top of the shoulders is a touch distressing. Good figure in general, weathering on the outfit keeps it from missing the point. No removable hand sucks though.

That's crazy the Dr Who DVD looks better than the iTunes, what a ripoff!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:That's crazy the Dr Who DVD looks better than the iTunes, what a ripoff!
It was my first experience with ITunes tv shows. The resolution is just much higher on the DVD, and the scenes that were originally video look like video on the DVD, whereas they don't on ITunes.

I don't regret getting the episodes via ITunes since I had to wait six months after the discovery announcement for The Web of Fear on DVD, and Enemy of the World won't be out for another month, making that a 7 month wait. And I didn't want to wait that long to see two unseen Troughton stories, not when I could buy and download them right away. But the difference in quality between the two is very noticeable. If any more missing episodes turn up, I might think differently about waiting for the DVD.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

SH Figuarts MMPR Black Ranger. The releases on these things are definitely getting spaced out, exacerbated by the time it takes for western distributer BlueFin to get them in and then again by the time it takes them to ship 'em to my local shop. Least I don't end up blowing a whole bunch on money on them at once that way. Black here's as great as I expect from the line, though he is sporting the stripped-down equipment set we first saw with Pink (Blade Blaster in 'stick' and Thunder Slinger modes only, guess they figure you won't want all your Rangers using the same weapon modes at once anyway), but does make up for it by coming with parts for a BAF of sorts: The remaining figures in the line (Black, Blue, Yellow) will be including versions of all the Rangers' weapons with the proper slots, pegs, and proportions to build the Power Blaster; Zack/Adam/Goushi/whoever here gets little versions of Blue's tridents and a tweaked version of Red's sword (not sure if his 'stock' gun will be part of the final build). That gun/ax is a pretty cool accessory though, contrary to other Ranger weapons in this line, it's a friggin' cinch to get him to hold it in either mode, looks good. These things may come out slow, but at least every release is worth it (though barring something catastrophic, it should be pretty hard for Tamashii to screw up basic Ranger figures at this point). Now to settle in and wait for Blue and Yellow.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Found GI Joe: Retaliation Joe Colton on some pegs at a TRU out my way that I don't get to go to often. Considering this guy is sold out everywhere on the planet, it would be dumb to pass him up. They also had a pair of Lady Jayes and if I had more expendable cash, I'd have grabbed her too. (They also had some Alley Vipers and, I think, the Dark Ninja that I wanted, but you know. Money.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.