Trying to complete RID

Buying and trading on the open robot market! Optimus Prime might call this slavery, but he's never had to track down Energon Ultra Magnus before.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Trying to complete RID

Post by Onslaught Six »

This isn't like, an immediate thing or anything, but I'm trying to complete RID. So here's a list of everybody I need. If you want to get rid of one of these guys, say the word. I'm using all American names for ease of use.

Ironhide & Mirage
Prowl
Side Burn
Dark Scream, Gas Skunk, & Slapper (three pack)
Skid-Z (Autobot) vs. Wind Sheer (Decepticon)
Tow-Line (Autobot) vs. Skyfire (Decepticon)

Optimus Prime (Spychanger)
Ultra Magnus (Spychanger)
Prowl (blue redeco)
X-Brawn (rally redeco)
Cryotek
Obsidian
Scourge (Spychanger)
Destructicon Scourge
Destructicon Bludgeon
Megabolt (Green)
Ruination (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Dreadwind & Smokejumper (Target exclusive)

Let me know if you've got anything you're willing to get rid of. I'll pay you! Or trade you some crap I want to get rid of.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Trying to complete RID

Post by Onslaught Six »

Oh, and I also need Sludge and Snarl from the Dinobots line.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:This isn't like, an immediate thing or anything, but I'm trying to complete RID. So here's a list of everybody I need. If you want to get rid of one of these guys, say the word. I'm using all American names for ease of use.

Ironhide & Mirage
Prowl
Side Burn
Dark Scream, Gas Skunk, & Slapper (three pack)
Skid-Z (Autobot) vs. Wind Sheer (Decepticon)
Tow-Line (Autobot) vs. Skyfire (Decepticon)

Optimus Prime (Spychanger)
Ultra Magnus (Spychanger)
Prowl (blue redeco)
X-Brawn (rally redeco)
Cryotek
Obsidian
Scourge (Spychanger)
Destructicon Scourge
Destructicon Bludgeon
Megabolt (Green)
Ruination (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Dreadwind & Smokejumper (Target exclusive)

Let me know if you've got anything you're willing to get rid of. I'll pay you! Or trade you some crap I want to get rid of.
06,I'm just curious,Are you trying to be a completist with this Rid toy line? I ask,because Rid had a whole mass of repaints in universe & also as store exclusives. Will you try to get every repaint or will you just be satisfied with owning one of each mold that appeared in the RID toy line? How about those RID toys that appeared in the Universe & store exclusives lines,will you get these?

Since your counting KB Megabolt megatron as a Rid toy,are you counting Rid air attack optimus Primal supreme sized toy as a Rid toy?
both toys were cancelled BM toys that got picked up as store exclusives years later & were put inside RID packaging.

06,Are you a completist with any other TF toy line or is it just Rid.

Just curious,What made you want to be a RID toy line completist years later? Was it the RID Cartoon series? or?

Personally I think the RID Cartoon series will do excellent on the HUB network due to the way Saban adding in all those wicked cool sound tracks,sound bytes,back ground noises & decent intro's & outros music. While seriously lacking a arc/plot,I thought Rid was a fun cartoon series that had beautiful characters designs that would be pleasing to kids.SADLY SABAN MIGHT NOT WANT TO SELL HASBRO THE BROADCAST RIGHT TO AIR RID ON THE HUB,DUE TO DISNEY NOW OWNING SABAN.

As far as the 2000/2001 CR/RID toys goes. out of the 13 new molds that Takara made for the Car robots line,I only thought half were decent like: Super sized Fire Convoy,God magnus,Gigatron & the Three Train bots. I hated the four construction bots. I tried really hard to like the Three car bros but they sculpts in robot modes were really terrible. As far as the recolors that CR/RID had,I wasn't a fan of the generic under sculpted machine wars basics. I'm not a fan of buying tiny TF toys,I actually thought BW did better colors for the RID Predacons basics. TM2 Cybershark was a horrible mold no amount of pretty colors could erase the terrible sculpt & poor enginerring this toy had. I loved Hasbro's TRU store exclusive super sized Scourge toy. I never liked the Fort Max 1987 mold,If I was interested in the mold,I'd opt for the reissue colors with the extra accessories. The only Botcon toy I own is Deathsauras using the CR/Rid Gigatron/Megatron mold.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

ODD that their is no EDIT button visible in my replies in this Thread that 06 created with the subject called "Trying to complete RID" & another thread 06 created called "Possible Sandstorm hookup" " viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1278 & viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1459

DID O6 take away the EDIT button in his thread to prevent others from editing their replies? I just don't get why the edit button isn't visible in 06's Two recent threads he created but it's visible everywhere else in other threads others create.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

UPDATE: After more research & remembering some rules from other TF moderated Forums. It appears that the reason their is no EDIT button in the two 06 threads is because these threads are in the "trading/buying section.

most trading/buying sections on various moderated TF forums,TAKE AWAY THE EDIT BUTTON IN REPLIES,to prevent members from altering deals set in place within the threads. PROBLEM SOLVED :)
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:06,I'm just curious,Are you trying to be a completist with this Rid toy line?
The thread title says "complete," so yes.
I ask,because Rid had a whole mass of repaints in universe & also as store exclusives. Will you try to get every repaint or will you just be satisfied with owning one of each mold that appeared in the RID toy line? How about those RID toys that appeared in the Universe & store exclusives lines,will you get these?

Since your counting KB Megabolt megatron as a Rid toy,are you counting Rid air attack optimus Primal supreme sized toy as a Rid toy?
both toys were cancelled BM toys that got picked up as store exclusives years later & were put inside RID packaging.
The criteria is "everything released under the 'RID' banner." There were a few repaints in Universe packaging (like the green Landfill) that aren't currently on my list, but I might pick them up eventually. I am indeed counting Megabolt and Air Attack Primal and Cryotek and such; they were released in RID packaging, so they qualify. It's not just one of every mould--it's every single toy, including repaints and remoulds, so all six of the Carios.
06,Are you a completist with any other TF toy line or is it just Rid.

Just curious,What made you want to be a RID toy line completist years later? Was it the RID Cartoon series? or?
Part of it was the cartoon, and part of it is surely inspired by our own board's "group fanfic" RPG ran around 2002-2003 called "RID 2," which was a sequel series intended to incorporate all the toy-only characters and repaints. (And whatever else we wanted, I guess.)

Part of it is also that RID was really the last toyline that I consider to have experienced "as a child." I was 12. It was the last toyline I actually remember full-on playing with. After Armada happened, I mostly switched to displaying, and I got involved with the internet fandom. For me, RID actually holds a lot of nostalgia, I guess the way G1 holds it for people in their thirties or forties.

It's also a very small toyline, having only two years worth of toys and before the ArmEnerTron store-exclusive & repaint explosion. (They exist in RID, too, for sure, but not to the extent of ArmEnerTron). I also already have almost all of it (I have all the major show characters except a handful of Predacons, and some Cario variations--I have one of each of the moulds, but that's it.) It's also a toyline that not a lot of people have a vested interest in--it's got its fans, and a few of the toys are universally considered "must haves," but there's a lot of toys in it that people would just plain want to be rid of, and for cheap.

Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted my collection to be less "a bunch of everything" and to be focused more on what I actually like and want out of TF. RID has more nostalgia for me than a handful of ArmEnerTron crap that I have sitting around, so I'd rather see that than some of this stuff. Up until now, I haven't really had any "collection goals" beyond "buy as many toys I liked as possible, as often as possible." I feel like I'm at the point in my life where I need to re-evaluate my collecting habits and think about what I actually want out of it.
Personally I think the RID Cartoon series will do excellent on the HUB network due to the way Saban adding in all those wicked cool sound tracks,sound bytes,back ground noises & decent intro's & outros music. While seriously lacking a arc/plot,I thought Rid was a fun cartoon series that had beautiful characters designs that would be pleasing to kids.SADLY SABAN MIGHT NOT WANT TO SELL HASBRO THE BROADCAST RIGHT TO AIR RID ON THE HUB,DUE TO DISNEY NOW OWNING SABAN.
Disney doesn't "own" Saban--they bought up the back catalogue, yeah, but then recently Saban started his company back up and started buying back everything. The status of RID seems to be oddly in limbo, though, and nobody is sure who owns it. (We actually have a thread on this.) I'd love to own it on DVD, or even see it re-aired.