Crossovers- ideas?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Crossovers- ideas?

Post by Dominic »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:I know someone mentioned their hatred of it previously but... Warhammer 40k transformers. I'm more of a WHF fan myself, but come on, you don't want to see an Ork Trukk turn into "Gorkotron" or an Imperium Dreanaught turn into a battle tank? And then there's limitless possibility with the Tau.

Also, though it's kinda redundant, Zoids and transformers. Frankly, hasbro SUPPORTING customizing your transformers would be awesome, and zoids DO kinda have a unique look to them.

And now reaching into more "far out" ideas... Toho daikaiju transformers? Rodan into a flying wing? Godzilla into a sub? Moguera... well, Moguera?

Lovecraft and transformers?

War of the Worlds and transformers?

Dungeons and Dragons into transformers?

(Note: Everything except the Warhammer 40k suggestion was coined by looking at random shit in my room (An Iron Kong model, a vinyl Rodan toy, my Cthulhu mask, my copy of War of the Worlds and my shitty ass 4th ed. rulebook).
The D&D is probably the most realistic thing on that list. My only problem is that there would definitely be a Unicron appearance in there.

40K has real appeal. And, the Tau would be a good place to insert TFs, as the Tau Empire is known for recruiting many other species into the fold. And, hey, given the way Furman has been stealing GW ideas of late, we pretty much have this in the current IDW comics.

Dom
-would kitbash a Land Raider with Dropshot if the models were not so expensive.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

TF Crossovers is not the brand name, they're just unifying the concept under a secondary brand banner to explain why it's not Transformers. "Star Wars Transformers Crossovers" and "Marvel Transformers Crossovers" are the official names, and each line is developed separately, I believe.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

A while ago, I had an idea for a TF subline called Historical Figures, which would have real or semi-mythological people of importance, with appropriate altmodes. Some examples:

DELUXES
Steel drivin' man, John Henry; transforms into his own worst enemy, the power hammer!
Warlord of the Three Kingdoms, Lu Bu; transforms into his unsurpassed steed, Red Hare!
Rightful king of Iolcus, Jason; transforms into the ship which speaks prophecies, the Argo!

SPECIAL TEAM
Three-axis controlled brothers, Wilbur and Orville Wright; combine to form the unflappable Model A Flyer!

BASE
Figurehead of Scots independence, William Wallace; transforms into the indomitable Stirling Castle!

It's edutainment, kids!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

No. I like it. But, no. Never gonna happen. Keep in mind how badly the two attempt to do something like that with comics failed. (Granted, they failed because the writers blew it. But, they failed, and Hasbro likely took the wrong lesson from both.)

Dom
-wishes he was a better customizer.