Crossovers- ideas?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Re: Crossovers- ideas?

Post by Mako Crab »

Transformers and Bubblegum Crisis
The world of BGC is already populated with loads of mechs and vehicles that look cool to this day. A Transformer would have no trouble blending into this society.

Transformers and Battlestar Galactica
A ragtag crew of human survivors wander through space on a quest to find Earth... and find Cybertron instead. Though the variety of ships and other compatible vehicle modes is more limited than BGC, there's still enough to work with if it's a limited line.

Transformers and Aliens
ALIENS as in the sequel to Alien that had all the cool space marine vehicles. Dropship, badass tank, loader mech, not to mention how cool it'd be to see an Alien Transformer with cyber acid drool. :D

Transformers and Gorillaz
I know how it sounds, but hear me out. If Laserbeak can turn into a guitar, and Murdoc drives a Winnebago and a Geep, who's to say this couldn't work? The dark rhythms of the Gorillaz mixed with the rockin' techno beats of the Transformers- too crazy to be wrong. :D
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I think GI Joe is and has always been the perfect line to crossover with TF, those are some of the coolest fantasy vehicles out there. But since that line already has mechs, I think this is one area that - unlike Marvel and SW - they need to insert the TF characters into because the Joe vehicles have always been characters of their own anyway. But it has to be better than Energon Snowcat, that sucked ass.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

JediTricks wrote:I think GI Joe is and has always been the perfect line to crossover with TF, those are some of the coolest fantasy vehicles out there. But since that line already has mechs, I think this is one area that - unlike Marvel and SW - they need to insert the TF characters into because the Joe vehicles have always been characters of their own anyway. But it has to be better than Energon Snowcat, that sucked ass.
Fair call. There's also the existing precedent of the very many TF/Joe crossover storylines. I guess G2 Megatron and Titanium tank Megs are the only legit crossover figures to date, aside from that one prototype that surfaced from the G2 era and was kinda naff.

This also poses a question: After the regular flavour TF movie trilogy, do you think Hasbro will actually push for a TF/Joe crossover in movie form?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

onslaught86 wrote:This also poses a question: After the regular flavour TF movie trilogy, do you think Hasbro will actually push for a TF/Joe crossover in movie form?
Possibly, if Joe also gets a good couple sequels and they consider it viable. I almost expect some kind of setup ala Iron Man or Hulk.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

Onslaught Six wrote:
onslaught86 wrote:This also poses a question: After the regular flavour TF movie trilogy, do you think Hasbro will actually push for a TF/Joe crossover in movie form?
Possibly, if Joe also gets a good couple sequels and they consider it viable. I almost expect some kind of setup ala Iron Man or Hulk.
I'd watch it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'd especially like it if it referenced pre-G2 by having Cobra rebuild Megs, and also had MooBee die and become Goldbug. Mmm, vac metal NewBee...
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Okay, let me assume my traditional role as kill-joy. But, that Joe/TF movie ain;t ever gonna happen. Joe fans are way too wrapped up in the whole "it is realistic and robots are stupid and gay" mind-set. TF fans would love it. But, Joe fans would bitch and whine. Remember what happened when MC considered mixing the cons. TF fans were fine with it. But, Joe fans complained and whined.

I can see there being enough GI Joe fans complaining to make Hasbro scrap the idea, despite the relatively small size of both fandoms.

Mine you, I like the idea, but I am not planning on it. And, to be honest, hearing that many Joe fans whine about how it would make the franchise less realistic would probably make me homical.

[/quote]
Why Firefly? He's never really worked with the Joes... >___>[/quote]

Firefly swaps sides. He is a mercenary, and has been shown working for the US as well as Cobra. Major Bludd could also fit this category.

Dom
-can see Storm Shadow as well though.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:TF fans would love it. But, Joe fans would bitch and whine.
Joe fans are bitching and whining about the movie they're getting 'now.'
Remember what happened when MC considered mixing the cons. TF fans were fine with it. But, Joe fans complained and whined.
Mind, I am against this too--primarily because I can go to a more generic convention like Steel City Con or SDCC if I want to see both of them in reduced numbers. I need Botcon to be there as The Exclusive TF Convention Period.
Firefly swaps sides. He is a mercenary, and has been shown working for the US as well as Cobra. Major Bludd could also fit this category.
Firefly sorta has precedent, I guess, but Bludd would 'never' work with the Joes. I haven't ever seen him do so, nor would I expect him to. Besides, Firefly has the insane rivalry against Snake Eyes because Firefly is sorta responsible for the death of Hard Master. Sorta. Zartan is too I guess?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Hasbro seems to be trying to reposition Zartan as a hard-core baddie again though. But, I could see it. (The DDP run ended with Zartan nearly having redeemed himself.)

Major Bludd worked for the US government, not with the Joes. But, he flies the colors of those who pay, not unlike Double-dealer.

Dom
-sick enough of Joe fan complaining without adding to it with another movie idea.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Holy crap, just had a genius moment.

Spaceballs: Barth/Space Winnebago. Spaceball/Mega Maid. Rock.

Mako Crab's Gorillaz idea is so crazy as to be awesome. I'd buy Gorrila-formerz, probably.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.