SWTF MKI starfighter question

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

SWTF MKI starfighter question

Post by Dominic »

If anyone can tell me how the head connects to the body, it would be appreciated. I am thinking of swapping the head with an "Energon" Starscream head, to make either Starscream or Sunstorm.

Dom
onslaught86

Re: SWTF MKI starfighter question

Post by onslaught86 »

I have the Windu variant on hand. Can't see anything on the bottom of the headplate, so I'm assuming it's a peg with some sort of restraining lip on the top. Not a standard connection by any means, sadly.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

So, a head swap with "Energon" Starscream, probably not as easy to do as I might hope.....

Dom
-well, guess I am skipping this line.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Which version are you talking about, the Ep 3 Eta JSF or the Ep 2 Delta JSF?

"MK I" is not a proper designation, I would have thought that would have referred to the earlier JSF, but you mentioned Windu which almost certainly means the later version since there is no Ep 2 Windu version.

I have no idea how any of these heads are attached, I just examined the Ep 2 JSF and it appears there's actually a neck peg that runs up into the head, rather than the head pegging down into the body. Ep 3 JSF was tougher, it appears to be the same layout but it's so tight that I could be wrong. If this is the case, then you should be able to mine out any TF head and mount it on that peg, but there's a big catch, it has to be able to fit in the hollow where it transforms into.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

"MK I" is not a proper designation, I would have thought that would have referred to the earlier JSF, but you mentioned Windu which almost certainly means the later version since there is no Ep 2 Windu version.
I assumed Dom meant the Ep3 Eta, since it was the first of the moulds released.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

O86 mentioned Windu, not I.

I list the Episode 2 fighter at the MKI as that is the first JSF we see in the movies. Unless of course we assume that the Episode 2 fighter is analgous more to an F14 to the Episode 3 fighter being an F22, to completely unrelated machines, rather than one being the follow-up to the other.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:O86 mentioned Windu, not I.

I list the Episode 2 fighter at the MKI as that is the first JSF we see in the movies. Unless of course we assume that the Episode 2 fighter is analgous more to an F14 to the Episode 3 fighter being an F22, to completely unrelated machines, rather than one being the follow-up to the other.

Dom
Damn, you're right about Windu, how did that happen?

Anyway, yeah, they're like the F14 and F22 analogy. Just use the movies.

So, it's a peg, just carve into Starscream's pumpkin and you're all set.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think the confusion about who posted what is partly due to the fact posts are hard to distiguish.

It is not so much a problem with longer posts. But, if you have several shorter posts at once, they tend to run together.

Could we arrange for some kind of alternating colors on posts?

Dom
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Ummm...there are alternating colors on posts. Your post was white (honkey!) and mine is blue. See?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The distinction is so subtle on the monitors here at work, I never saw it.

Dom