Fansproject Sidearm

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Fansproject Sidearm

Post by Shockwave »

Well apparently I have no problem buying the third party stuff. And in at least two cases, I know for a fact Hasbro has made a sale for a figure they wouldn't have sold otherwise if these sets were not available. Case in point: I have now purchased Classics Ultra Magnus twice. I refused to buy him at retail on the basis that Hasbro relegated him to little more than a with Prime. But with the FP armor he's a proper full Ultra Magnus, his own separate character. There's really no point in getting him otherwise unless you have some wierd need for ghost Prime.

Also, I purchased the Sidearm with the Protector Armor. For the 10$ you also get chrome gold add on wings for Hot Rod.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

But, did you buy the extra figures at retail, or on the after market? Hasbro cares nothing for after market.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

After market. And the reason I passed at retail was lack of a trailer. If FP had one available when it was at retail I would not have passed on it. But a sale is a sale. If nothing else it proves that there is a market, regardless of how small that market would be.