Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Post by Onslaught Six »

Vader's pretty clearly comprimised by his cockpit too. It's not that he's a horrible figure because of it, but the cockpits pretty much ensures that every figure has to be designed around that tiny box--it's almost like the Energon Autobots but not as crappy. Take away the cockpits, and suddenly they can split in half or something, and the designs become easily more dynamic.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I can't think of 1 where the cockpit has sacrificed anything from the bot mode though. On Luke X-wing they merely dumped the original cockpit and made a new one in bot mode.
Like O6 says, they have to be designed around the opening box with its moving seat. The Ep3 Starfighter could've had much bulkier arms, the Ep2 Starfighter could've had proper shoulders as could the Gunship, the X-Wing could've had a much more streamlined and less boxy chest, many of them could've held together better, there's all sorts of things they could've done without the cockpits. I like the cockpits, but I'm just sayin'. Grievous' external seat, Darth Star's wee windows, and Cody's little back-hatch are probably the only ones that aren't intrusive at all.

I really hope they make more land-based vehicles. Landspeeder/Luke and Jawa/Sandcrawler!

And I still want my Jar Jar/Gungan sub.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I'd still kill for a decent Jedi Luke figure. If only we knew what the heck he could turn into!

I liked the idea from a while back about a pair of Speeder Bikes/Scout Troopers who could ride each other.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:
And I still want my Jar Jar/Gungan sub.
Damn right!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.