Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Post by 138 Scourge »

Grandma Talkin'! :lol:

I like the character and all, but JT's name for him from awhile back is still hilarious.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:
Wanna put money on this? It's gonna be "our budget couldn't afford it anymore" I bet.
I bet you an Ego Puff Point!
Well, I suppose it's a draw, though it's hardly a fluff piece and they're not making TF Crossovers a single brand, so that strikes against your original claim while mine is rock solid: :p
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1916
ActionFigs.com: While your Comic-Con display showed new Star Wars Transformers with Grievous' Starfighter, the TIE Bomber, and the V-19 Torrent (which didn't have the correct tag on it in the display unfortunately, and we've yet to see the vehicle mode - could we get a photo of that?) with their minifigs inside the cockpits, it appears the newly repackaged SWTFs have no minifigs at all. Have you guys really removed the minifig concept from the line, and if so, why? Doesn't that detract from the whole point of the Star Wars characters piloting mechs aspect? Will the minifigs displayed with the 3 new SWTF molds displayed at Comic-Con not be included with those sets?
Hasbro: While we were originally concerned that kids might get the Star Wars Transformers confused with "real" Transformers, our research has shown that there is no confusion. Therefore, the reason for their being has vanished, and due to costing they became an easy choice to remove along with the original "spinny thing" that showed the two modes.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm impressed that they went into so much detail, but that's still a poor excuse for removing them from the finished figures designed to use the minifigs, and seriously detracts from play value. I'd much rather have seen a phasing-out starting with new moulds that aren't designed to use them. Alas.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I was just too busy laughing at Hasbro's coining of the highly technical marketing term: "Spinny Thing".
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:I'm impressed that they went into so much detail, but that's still a poor excuse for removing them from the finished figures designed to use the minifigs, and seriously detracts from play value. I'd much rather have seen a phasing-out starting with new moulds that aren't designed to use them. Alas.
I hope they don't phase out the cockpits, that's part of why I dig 'em, and part of why I haven't bought any of the Marvel ones as they lack the concept.
BWprowl wrote:I was just too busy laughing at Hasbro's coining of the highly technical marketing term: "Spinny Thing".
It's apt. :p I hate that thing, totally useless.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I hope they don't phase out the cockpits, that's part of why I dig 'em, and part of why I haven't bought any of the Marvel ones as they lack the concept.
I'd rather no cockpits than cockpits with no minifigs, is all.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:I'd rather no cockpits than cockpits with no minifigs, is all.
Really? I loved the cockpits in the G1 figures that had 'em, even if we had no figures to go in them. While I'd always prefer figures to not having them, I love the little cockpit details and imagining myself inside those cockpits piloting away.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Hmm, true, true.. But without the minifigs, I don't think they should compromise the designs for the gimmick. They could design better toys if they didn't put so much resource into the cockpits, to be sure. Less fun, but potentially better. And without the minifigs, why not do so?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:Hmm, true, true.. But without the minifigs, I don't think they should compromise the designs for the gimmick. They could design better toys if they didn't put so much resource into the cockpits, to be sure. Less fun, but potentially better. And without the minifigs, why not do so?
I can't think of 1 where the cockpit has sacrificed anything from the bot mode though. On Luke X-wing they merely dumped the original cockpit and made a new one in bot mode.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Yeah, the the Luke X-Wing was a perfect example of the line being gracefully designed, what with that cumbersome bot mode and all.

Dom
-well, it nicely sums up the line if nothing else. :P