Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro took away SWTF minifigures!!!

Post by Onslaught Six »

onslaught86 wrote:Won't stop me feeling cheated out of a TIE bomber pilot minifig.
Hey, yeah, and how come we didn't get any of the guys in black who man the Death Star? With those awesome helmets?

Turns out its these dudes:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_star_gunner
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:I expect it'll be a fluff answer along the lines of "We removed the pilot figures to bring the Star Wars Transformers in line with the new concept of Transformers: Crossovers, and future figures will be designed without the pilots in mind."
Wanna put money on this? It's gonna be "our budget couldn't afford it anymore" I bet.
Dominic wrote:I am betting the old "Action Fleet" pilots will become much more desired.
They're a slightly smaller scale.
Onslaught Six wrote:
onslaught86 wrote:Won't stop me feeling cheated out of a TIE bomber pilot minifig.
Hey, yeah, and how come we didn't get any of the guys in black who man the Death Star? With those awesome helmets?

Turns out its these dudes:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_star_gunner
Death Star Gunners? Good point. I think they wanted to army-build that Stormtrooper since it was more recognizable.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Wanna put money on this? It's gonna be "our budget couldn't afford it anymore" I bet.
I bet you an Ego Puff Point!

That'd wash if they'd designed the new moulds not to use the pilots, but those have cockpits as much as the older ones did. And as this is the umpteenth milking of the Starfighter and Slave moulds, how can they justify not using the same pilot figures they've already released? Kenobi, Anakin, Grievous-ship, and Boba just require the same ones already used, only the TIE and that other white ship I don't recognise need new pilots.

So what, packaging constraints? Plenty of room in those new crossover packages for pilots. Anakin even reuses the same headsculpt as Ep3 Starfighter Anakin, which is weaksauce.

I wanted a Grand Moff Tarkin with the Darth Star. :cry:
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Let me add some fuel to this fire:

Why no pilots with the other "Crossover" toys? Seriously.

Dom
-ahahahahahahahahaha.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Because they tried it in that "Megamorphs" line, and want as little as possible in common with that crap?

As little as possible in a line of transforming superhero robots, anyhow.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

138 Scourge wrote:Because they tried it in that "Megamorphs" line, and want as little as possible in common with that crap?

As little as possible in a line of transforming superhero robots, anyhow.
Aw man, but if the Marvel toys did come with minifigs, we could get full-on Sentai Superhero robot action! I'd put the minifigures on TOP of the toys in robot mode, just to enhance it.

My guess for why the Marvel toys didn't come with minifigures is that there would be some serious scale issues. Where would you put minifigures in the Venom and Spider-Man toys that wouldn't look hilarious?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Prowl, did you forget about the actual Spiderman Sentai show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMvs0aSfFLs
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Why no pilots with the other "Crossover" toys? Seriously.
I'm calling scale on that too. Motorbikes and jets in the same price point = bad for minifigs.

Be neat if they had, I say.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Mind, that begs the question of why there'd be transforming Spiderman bikes in the first place, since they'd only be about as tall as some villains. Like, Hulk and stuff.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:I bet you an Ego Puff Point!

That'd wash if they'd designed the new moulds not to use the pilots, but those have cockpits as much as the older ones did. And as this is the umpteenth milking of the Starfighter and Slave moulds, how can they justify not using the same pilot figures they've already released? Kenobi, Anakin, Grievous-ship, and Boba just require the same ones already used, only the TIE and that other white ship I don't recognise need new pilots.
Those little pilots need molds and assembly. New molds cost money, old molds cost money to run, paint, and assemble.
I wanted a Grand Moff Tarkin with the Darth Star. :cry:
He's too sexy an action star to be kept there. :p (Oh wait, he's a boring old man figure.)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?