Terradive! Tomahawk!

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Terradive! Tomahawk!

Post by 138 Scourge »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... page5.html

Wow, look at these guys. I mean, it's cool that we get a look at Red Alert and some more WFC guys, but what's got me excited here is the Terradive and Tomahawk.

First, Tomahawk is an awesome name, and I like helicopter TFs. But when Tomahawk has a real "Updated Armada Cyclonus" thing going for him, then I get all excited about it. He looks really good in those pics.

As for Terradive, man, wouldja look at that? That is a neat-looking transformation, a unique and kickass weapon, and his head has a real "Animated" vibe going.

Look, dammit, Hasbro. I'm supposed to be buying less stuff these days, toys that look straight-up bad ass like this are not helping.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Terradive! Tomahawk!

Post by Onslaught Six »

It's not Armada Cycs without one thing: KNEEGUNS.

Terradive's trident is 'awesome.' I'm definitely gonna consider him. The only thing that turns me off is the colour scheme, but I'm positive there will be a repaint.

EDIT: Actually, aren't those guys, like, Movie dudes? How are we handling the mainline that isn't Generations? It seems like it's all Movie Filler Stuff, so I'd think it'd go in there. Damn it, Hasbro!

Also, Electro Jolt makes me sad, because he's just Jolt with a more interesting side pattern. I was expecting something really cool, like a keen dark green repaint. Or something in red.

Someone on TFW pointed out that Tomahawk is totally Rotorstorm.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Yeah, I can see Rotorstorm, too. Other than that Tomahawk's got a head.

And I figured "Hunt for the Decepticons" was a different thing than the regular movie line. I dunno.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, it's kind of vague right now. The mainline for the fall is just...Transformers. Presumably so they can squeeze non-movie guys in Voyager boxes without trouble. But all the new-mould figures are clearly Movie Guys...especially when you factor in that some of them are 'literally' Movie Guys, like the new Primes, Starscream, Bumblebee...
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.