SWTF Clone Wars Y-wing and Twilight mini-views

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

SWTF Clone Wars Y-wing and Twilight mini-views

Post by JediTricks »

Clone Wars Y-wing. From alt mode, it's got the mark of suck upon it. I stick it out though, and about a third of the way through transformation it starts to get interesting, little clever stuff. By the end, there's a jet-pack (made from blatant kibble, but still) and a decent proportioned Clone Pilot robot, and a few more clever bits, and flip-out holsters with removable pistols in them! The bot mode is nearly charming! I'm shocked. Still, the alt mode is cheap, inaccurate, and has buttload of robot chest and pelvis on the underside.

The Twilight gets away with murder, it shouldn't be as nifty as it is. It's not weathered even a little, but it looks right in every other respect, and the only kibble is the exposed right arm folded up on the bottom and the left hand, as well as the semi-visible R2-D2. It's nifty and whooshable. The outrigger cannon actually rotates, and the lower wing really pivots (the upper cannon doesn't pivot but is removable). Transformation is unusual, starting with de-legoforming 2 blasters, R2, and the shield made from the outer wing. Then panels start moving and folding and stuff is sliding, it's unusual, and at the end is an odd but somewhat satisfying figure. If one side of the chest locked the way the other did, it'd be considerably better, and there's a bit of a kibble battle on the arms, but it's not too bad. The head is a stylistic choice I'm not sure about, the deco plus the sculpt makes it a tough one to decide about, but it kind of works its way through that. Having 2 guns, a lightsaber, a shield, and a robot buddy is easily the most accessories any non-Death Star figure in the line has got to date. It's top charm is it really is an Action Fleet-quality ship, and as a SWTF it's fair plus a little different from the norm.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Re: SWTF Clone Wars Y-wing and Twilight mini-views

Post by onslaught86 »

The last wave of SWTF that came out here was the new packaging with Magnaguard and Ah-Soka. Magnaguard I love (after swapping his lower legs to allow gun storage), so I've been itching to get hold of the more recent cockpit-less figures. Glad to hear the Twilight's worth a look, it's one of the most interesting in the current line-up.

That Yoda they displayed at Toy Fair is super-cute, tho'.