Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Post by BWprowl »

Alright, so I'm cruising along on /toy/, and all of a sudden, there's a thread dedicated to this:

So yeah. Not really sure if this is the place to put this, but there ya go. It looks official enough, apparently enough so that Seibertron and TFW linked to the thread as a source. Looks like we might finally be getting a trickle of news in terms of what's in store for TF in 2010. Thoughts?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Post by Dominic »

I think I am buying RoTF toys in 2010.

Joking aside, I am moving this thread up to the movie forums.

Dom
-movie Power Masters? Hmm.......
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

There's also some accompanying text from a guy going by Patrick Stewart (which just screams troll name, somehow) who originally posted it weeks ago on ATT, of all places. We dismissed it as crud because we looked up his past posts, and he's posted similar BS before. His claim is that the line will take Powerlinx to the next level, and all the figures will be able to combine with each other individually and into gestalts. I don't buy it--especially when Hasbro doesn't even have enough faith in themselves to make *one* proper combiner. (Sorry, guys.)

That said, they're basically just bringing back Armada. And judging from the size, these are going to be Armada-like toys...in Basic scale! Remember when I said most of Armada's Deluxes would be wonderful Basics? They listened!

Also, new Huffer who isn't a much-too-expensive rare, sought after Botcon repaint of Armorhide! This nearly completes the awesome Minibots bit we've had going--we just need a proper Gears who isn't a cruddy repaint, and Windcharger. (And Swerve is already kind of Windcharger.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Ideally, for me, this fella could look more like Huffer. That said, still looks decent, and I do wanna know what the "Power Core combining entails. The fact that lil' sidekick guy's name appears to be Caliburst gives me some new hope of a Targetmastery thing happening here.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Unless somebody spent a huge amount of time with photoshop, I am going to (optimistically) assume that pic is legit.

I am not sure about the scale. That could be a deluxe figure with a different type of packaging.

Either way, I am forced to agree with O6. It is very unlikely that Hasbro would try such an ambitious combining gimmick, given their inability to produce even a single good, (dedicated), combiner. But, the Target Master type thing Scourge is thinking of does make sense.

Dom
-cannot think of a single *really* good TF combiner. Ever.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dom wrote:I think I am buying RoTF toys in 2010.

Dom
I think I am buying RoTF toys in 2010.

Dom
Just my two cents, but I don't think this is ROTF. There's nothing indicating that on the packaging, which I'm only assuming looks passingly similar to ROTF because it's a mock-up. I'm thinking it's a whole new line.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was fooled by the packaging.

But, unless anyone has a serious problem with it, I am content to leave this thread here until we have a bit more information.

Dom
-this better not be a hoax.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It doesn't seem so, even though it's weird that this would leak earlier than other stuff for this figure typically would--remember Jetfire's leaked packaging sample that was basically this?--but this could be a sub-line handled by a different division and, thus, not leaked as early. (For example, how many of those TECH toys from the first movie got leaked before they were released? All of none?)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

TECH? Refresh my memory?

I am really looking forward to these.

Dom
-has not been this excited about the toys for a long time.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:TECH? Refresh my memory?
Cruddy, not-too-well-distributed roleplay toys that were a sub-line of the first Movie line. They were crap like binoculars that turned into a gun and stuff. The fact that you don't remember them is a testament to the fan community's apathy towards it.