Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Power Core Combiners: Mysterious new line?

Post by BWprowl »

Man, I'm glad I waited. The Destructicons look like the way better than any of the other combiners we've seen. I *may* grab the Destrons too, if only because the colors look nice.

So Trekkie, you're not going to be giving Dom your Combaticons? I might be willing to trade you something for them. Anything you looking for? I dunno, I kinda want a set, but I'm not yet sure I want to pay for these things.

These 'Mini-Cons' are really more like suped-up Targetmasters.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The long nose truck mould makes for the best combined body we have seen so far. That likely helps Crankcase.

I am debating either painting that thing up, (adding purples and greys), to make Motormaster or swapping the head onto another body that uses tanks and planes as limbs to make Overlord. The moulding on the combiner head is too much like either one of them to not make at least one of those customs.

Dom
-can objectively see wanting to hold onto Crankcase, a name used in two lines.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I ended up picking up Smolder/Chopster and Bombshock and his 4 drone buddies, basically just to get a true feel for this line. There are enough problems with this line that I cannot recommend it, both legs have issues locking down, although 1 is much worse than the other, and the arms are pretty limited. The idea seems to be swapping core for core, and it's kinda interesting, but I'm not sure how exciting the play pattern really is over time. The real problem IMO has to be the $20 price tag for an underwhelming scout with 4 small drones, that is just unrealistic, a scout is $7 or $8, 4 minicons might cost another $8 but these ain't minicons. They're fun to fiddle with for a few minutes, but the actual play pattern is as lost as Energon Prime's drones, they just don't bring much to the party.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?