Robot Heroes - general review and comments

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Robot Heroes - general review and comments

Post by BWprowl »

You know, since he pretty much fits in with the aesthetic already, this is the *perfect* excuse for Hasbro to finally give us a Diagnostic Drone toy!

After Dispensor, I think RH is a good place for them to start sticking in characters that wouldn't see plastic anywhere else. Scrounge? Cyber-Raptors? Wing Dagger? C'mon!

And TF Animated Robot Heroes. Oh yes.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

onslaught86 wrote:For those who recall, McTankorr was pretty much chibi anyway, so I'm expecting something along those lines.
TANKORR HUUUUUUG!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Yeah, a diagnostic drone, or better yet, Megatron as diagnostic drone. A genocidal robot would almost beat ULTIMATE "rapist" HULK for sheer wrongness.

And, yeah, Scrounge would also work in this aesthetic.

Dom
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

This would be a good opportunity to get the Diagnostic Drone, I'd agree. I can see Savage/Noble working fairly well as a RH, and I also wonder if Hasbro will take the opportunity to create a Botanica figure... not that I want one, but we got our sole Dispensor figure out of this line. I wonder if the same would be true of Botanica.

I want final episode Waspinator with the wasp body and Thrust's head. :mrgreen:
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:Yeah, a diagnostic drone, or better yet, Megatron as diagnostic drone. A genocidal robot would almost beat ULTIMATE "rapist" HULK for sheer wrongness.
Okay Dom, I'll bite. Can you direct me to to pics of this supposedly 'wrong' Hulk figure? Morbid curiosity et al...

Of course, you thought that Energon Arcee was the most disgusting thing ever, just because the (at the time) unique transformation scheme caused the tiny, barely noticable handlebars to end up on the backs of her hips, so...
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

With the Ultimate Hulk thing, I think it's more because of the character than because of the toy. Since Ulitmate Hulk tends to be kinda rapey and killy sometimes, Dom figures a "Lil'" version of him's kinda dubious.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Heh, I think it's hilarious.

Animated Blackarachnia is kissing her own rear in spider mode, for the record.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

onslaught86 wrote:Animated Blackarachnia is kissing her own rear in spider mode, for the record.
And that wouldn't be as much of a big chuckly deal as it is if the toy wasn't of a female character.

Seriously, I've noticed a somewhat irritating double standard with these sorts of things...
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I wish Starscream was doing that. Heh heh heh.

Now, back on track, ROBOT HEROES GIGATRON. I shall own this. That is all.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

BWprowl wrote:
onslaught86 wrote:Animated Blackarachnia is kissing her own rear in spider mode, for the record.
And that wouldn't be as much of a big chuckly deal as it is if the toy wasn't of a female character.

Seriously, I've noticed a somewhat irritating double standard with these sorts of things...

I can agree to a point. But, I stand by "Energon" Arcee being lewd. The file card on the Elita-1 recolor actually pushed that toy into the "completely wrong" category, making it something i had to own.

I have not seen the Ultimate Hulk in person yet. But, I saw pics on the back on another "Superhero Squad" package. When I saw the White Queen, I was thinking, "oi, this is for kids?" When I saw Elektra and Daredevil, I thought it was dubious. When they made Carnage and Ben Reilly, I wondered what the heck they were thinking.

I joked that they should make "Green Goblin w/ Gwen Stacy" and "Kingpin with Karen Page".

But, Ultimate Hulk beats my ideas, hands down, down the pants of a squirming victim.
When they made Ultimate Hulk, I doubted there would be any parents who would let their kids read the comic.

Dom
-hopes the Neimoller mockery is appreciated.