Botcon 2016 figures

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Botcon 2016 figures

Post by Sparky Prime »

The combiner form, Predacus has been officially revealed.

Have to say, I really like the new head they gave it. I know they're limited by the figures of the Combiner Wars line here, but I still wish it had more of a Cybertronian look to it. And less red. But overall, I liked the combine form a lot more than the individual figures.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

This year's comic will be a team up between Botcon and IDW. It was revealed today that the comic will be written by John-Paul Bove and the art will be handled by Corin Howell. The story, according to Mr. Bove's Twitter account, is set during the final 48 hours of the Great War. Both he and Botcon confirmed the comic is meant to be in continuity with G1/BW.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Is there anything that Fun Publications will not mine? (They are pretty much the sort of problem that Morrison was talking about in "Final Crisis" and "Multiversity".)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Is there anything that Fun Publications will not mine? (They are pretty much the sort of problem that Morrison was talking about in "Final Crisis" and "Multiversity".)
Fun Publications isn't writing the comic though, IDW is. And if the comic is being set in the final 48 hours of the Great War, then it's not a time period of the G1/BW era we've seen before.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

In light of the announcement this morning (Fun Publications is no longer running the club), I think we can guess how this story ends.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Couple preview pages (with out text) have been posted on Botcon's Facebook page, and re-posted on TFW2005 for those without Facebook.
Dominic wrote:In light of the announcement this morning (Fun Publications is no longer running the club), I think we can guess how this story ends.
It's not going to affect anything for this year. According to the announcement, you can still get a membership until March 16th, but ALL membership will come to an end December 31st when Fun Publishing's license with Hasbro officially runs out.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Okay, I really haven't been paying attention. How did I miss that Botcon was in Louisville this year? It's about a seven hour drive from where I live, but I haven't been to a Botcon since 2002. If we can make the budget work, and find some other things to do while we're there, the family and I may have to head to Louisville. We haven't had a family vacation in a few years...
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:Fun Publications isn't writing the comic though, IDW is.
Bove has only ever coloured some stuff for IDW. Corin is a bigger name, having done 6 issues of one of the Windblade series, but that's it. It's "IDW doing the comic" when IDW publish it on stands; what's probably more realistic is FunPub handed someone a summary of what they needed done. When Barber and Roberts are making Botcon comics, then IDW is the focus.

It'll be shit either way.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Bove has only ever coloured some stuff for IDW. Corin is a bigger name, having done 6 issues of one of the Windblade series, but that's it. It's "IDW doing the comic" when IDW publish it on stands; what's probably more realistic is FunPub handed someone a summary of what they needed done. When Barber and Roberts are making Botcon comics, then IDW is the focus.
I get the impression this comic will be put on stands. It has been mentioned this comic will "first be available" at Botcon, suggesting it will be available in elsewhere afterwords. And big names or not, it's still being written and drawn by IDW employees, set within a continuity IDW has visited before.
It'll be shit either way.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge when, as you point out, this is Bove's first writing credit. And the preview pages Botcon has posted thus far I'd have to say is better than the art Corin did for the Windblade book.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

BotCon comics are typically "first available at" BotCon, and then later through Diamond (often with additional content).

I doubt this will be good.