TF Mighty Muggs wave 1

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
JediTricks
Site Admin

TF Mighty Muggs wave 1

Post by JediTricks »

Posted the pics in the news:
http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/211

Prime seems to be the weakest one, the rest are pretty acceptable (although BB's eyes look a little shifty), but Prime's round head doesn't work for me. It took me a moment to notice that BB is using the small-leg body like the one used for Yoda.

What do you guys think?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Mighty Muggs wave 1

Post by Onslaught Six »

Pass. I just...don't even see the appeal of these things. What the hell are they even supposed to be?

Plus, it's less money I have to spend on actual stuff. And cash is tight for me right now, so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Soundwave appeals to me, for some reason, so I might at least pick him up. He'd greatly benefit from some incarnation of the cassettes though.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I kinda like the Megatron, but overall, I doubt I'll be goin' nuts for 'em.

Then again, it would be kinda fun to have a cute lil' group of Muggs of Ultimate evil...Doom, Red Skull, Megatron, Mola Ram...

Nah, most likely, I'll pass.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Eh... they're interesting, and if I didn't have so many other versions of these characters already, I might be tempted to pick them up just for the sheer novelty of it. But Soundwave's the only one that's remotely tempting.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I was originally tempted by MM Vader, since he looked neat, but even a sale couldn't sway me in the end. They're cute, yet too pricey for what they are, and I have enough issues with space without buying more non-transforming stuff.

Megs and Prime look odd with rounded heads, Bumblebee's ears look out of place in comparison. Sounds is, as the others have said, the only tempting one, but I blame that on my being a blatant Soundwave fanboy.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

TF seems to have hit that level of saturation when a franchise is plastered on every piece of cheap crap possible. These are pure crap. They do not even have the "dreadful idea" value of the "Robot Heroes" line.

Finally, something worse than SWTF.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:TF seems to have hit that level of saturation when a franchise is plastered on every piece of cheap crap possible. These are pure crap. They do not even have the "dreadful idea" value of the "Robot Heroes" line.
With the movie, it was inevitable.
Finally, something worse than SWTF.
Hey, SWTF are awesome.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

SWTF is toy-copremesis.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Now you're just making up words.