SDCC 2014 Exclusive "Knights of Unicron" set

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: SDCC 2014 Exclusives

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah, I remember when those came out because they were HEAVILY marketed towards Trekkies. I remember seeing ads for them during TNG and in the fan club magazines at the time.

Alternators Shockwave has some sort of bit on his chin, does that count?

Ohhh.. yeah, I can see that being frustrating, it's right up there with an autocorrect mistake.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Yeah, I remember when those came out because they were HEAVILY marketed towards Trekkies. I remember seeing ads for them during TNG and in the fan club magazines at the time.

Alternators Shockwave has some sort of bit on his chin, does that count?

Ohhh.. yeah, I can see that being frustrating, it's right up there with an autocorrect mistake.
I remember them as well, they really bothered me at the time, now I've softened because who cares.

Full goatee or GTFO, as the young people would say. ;)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I think this SDCC TF Rock band set is some kind of joke. It can't be real. If it's real, then I predict epic sales failure. Just can't envision any online fans wanting to by this gift set thing.

Who created this thing? Did TFCC pitch the idea to hurt SDCC TF exclusives sales?

I was speculating that the SDCC 2014 TF exclusives would be as follows: Metrotitan,Black colored 30th Generations Leader Size Jetfire. Black colored TFP Weaponizers Optimus Prime.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

As Prowl explained, SDCC is actually the perfect kind of avenue for this sort of thing. Besides, for the fans who don't like this sort of thing, there's that big shiny Dinobots thing for them.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: SDCC 2014 Exclusive "Knights of Cybertron" set

Post by JediTricks »

It's definitely not a joke, and I predict it will sell through via HTS, gauging on the response at Botcon who were complaining incessantly about having to try to get it through the website.

Also, since we have another SDCC 14 exclusive box set, I've renamed this thread.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Also, since we have another SDCC 14 exclusive box set, I've renamed this thread.
"Knights of Cybertron"? Isn't it supposed to be "Knights of Unicron"?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Also, since we have another SDCC 14 exclusive box set, I've renamed this thread.
"Knights of Cybertron"? Isn't it supposed to be "Knights of Unicron"?
Yup. Changed. That was worth the price of admission.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: SDCC 2014 Exclusive "Knights of Unicron" set

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Knights In Unicron's Service? KIUS?

Actually, I haven't listened to Kyuss in a while...
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Shockwave wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure the name "Knights of Unicron" is a KISS reference. Back in the 70's, some parents group that was anti-KISS claimed that KISS stands for Knights In Satan's Service and someone mentioned that Unicron is basically TF Satan, so it's almost like they're Cybertronian KISS.
Almighty Unicron wrote:Knights In Unicron's Service? KIUS?

Actually, I haven't listened to Kyuss in a while...
Great minds think alike :lol: