Botcon 2014 discussion - Pirates vs Knights

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Botcon 2014 discussion - Pirates vs Knights

Post by Shockwave »

Apparently the theme for Botcon 2014 is Cannonball and his pirates. This was shown on the back cover of the latest TFCC magazine.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Re: Botcon 2014 theme

Post by Mako Crab »

Y'ARRR, me Cyber-Maties!! Thar be an accur-sed Mecha Whale off the port side!! Y'AAAR, Thar she blows!! YAR!!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I saw this news a few days ago elsewhere.

My speculation was that TFCC was doing the Cancelled TFP season 3 cartoon series theme. Which was The TFP pirates VS the Wreckers theme. The space pirates will most likely come from the TFP 2012 Thundertron's team. While the Wreckers come from the TFP characters.
Since this is TFCC were talking about here,were most likely going to see some seacons in this set probably with vehicle modes.

Either way,Even If I'm wrong or Right. I am confident that the Botcon 2014 toys will be not worth the Four to Five times the normal USA Retail Price that TFCC charges. There will probably be some raise in prices,as this happens every year. the Box set & add-on sounvenirs figures will be consumed by 90% deluxes. While there is barely 2 voyagers in the set.

I fully expect TFCC to use some exclusive Takara TF molds. The TF GO trio combiner molds seems like the kinda stuff that will get used. Along with the 2012 Takara TFP microns.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Someone at Hasbro must really like that concept of pirate Transformers. It's a theme that seems to keep showing up in the background ever since Cannonball was first introduced with the Cybertron toyline. Interesting that they're finally giving it the spotlight at Botcon. And speaking of Cybertron Cannonball, kinda surprised they're using his pirate symbol on the promotional image rather than Thundertron's. Certainly makes me wonder what continuity this might be set in. Wouldn't mind seeing a revisit to the AEC universe.
Tigermegatron wrote:My speculation was that TFCC was doing the Cancelled TFP season 3 cartoon series theme. Which was The TFP pirates VS the Wreckers theme.
Say what? I've never seen anything to suggest pirates were ever going to be involved in the TFPrime cartoon.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Tigermegatron wrote: I am confident that the Botcon 2014 toys will be not worth the Four to Five times the normal USA Retail Price that TFCC charges.
They never Y'AARR!!.

ME CYBER-MATIES!! Fly the black flag!! Hoist the solar sails!! We be sailing this vessel through the vast unknown in search of the Mecha Whale that ate me favorite boot AND me leg that was inside it!!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It might have possibilities. (And, after last year's comic. It might actually be...good.)

On a semi-related note, we should probably move this thread to the
"other" forum.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

BotCon 2014 Theme Revealed: Pirates Vs Knights!

Post by Tigermegatron »

BotCon 2014 Theme Revealed: Pirates Vs Knights!
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ts-179192/

My guesses are there going to use a whole bunch of exclusive Takara TF molds,Probably from TF Go & TFP/BH.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: BotCon 2014 Theme Revealed: Pirates Vs Knights!

Post by Dominic »

Not a bad guess Tiger. We know that the Club's subscription servce (operationally the same as BotCon, despite claims to the contrary) is using Takara moulds (for Minicons and such). It is reasonable to expect the same thing here.

Hookay, let the speculation about specific moulds begin.

We can probably expect to see the Thundertron mould. Ratchet (likely as Cannonball) is likely. I can see Fun Publications using the (Japanese exclusive) flying Vehicon for the troop builder. (This will not help me. But, if it gets that mould in to a few more US hands, all the better.)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

BotCon 2014 discussion/speculation

Post by Dominic »

As everybody (at least those who care) know, this year's BotCon theme is "pirates v/s knights".

News circulating is that the convention set will include 5 pirates and 5 knights, a rogue Decepticon (effectively a pirate) and that the troop builder will be 3 more pirates.

My best guess (and it is only a guess) is that the troop builder will be the air Vehicon mould from Japan, possibly with some new moulding.

Thoughts?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: BotCon 2014 discussion/speculation

Post by Sparky Prime »

Botcon has tweeted an image of Cannonball. The figure uses Prime's Ratchet mold with a new head styled after AEC's Red Alert, the paint job based on the Cybertron version of Cannonball. Overall, not a bad looking figure. Works for the character.