Timelines #6 (Stunticon Job)

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Timelines #6 (Stunticon Job)

Post by Dominic »

This arguably could have gone in the "Animated" section. But, it was published by Fun Publications and was originally released at BotCon 2011. So, it makes more sense here.

Stunticon Job:
The idea here is that 5 Decepticons and an idiot are planning to break Megatron and the other show-character Decepticons out of jail. There are Easter Eggs galore for those who really care. They are probably listed comprehensively somewhere or another. I ain't going to bother to list what I saw, let alone research the rest. If nothing else, I am not willing to stare at the art for that long.

The story is told largely from the POV of Sideswipe in a "noir detective" tone. (Because TF comics, and Fan Club comics are not derivative enoogh to begin with unless they are written as other genres that fandom may have heard of when not watching TF cartoons over and over and over again....)

The end of the comic strongly implies that Sideswipe dies. But, I am sure that somewhere down the line, the Fan Club will publish some fanfic grade follow-up to this about how Sideswipe made it out. Maybe they already published it. Who the hell cares?

There are also some truncated character profiles for some of the characters sold in the 2011 set.

Grade: D
Worth getting for completists and maybe fans of "Animated"...