Let's talk about RID for a bit.

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Let's talk about RID for a bit.

Post by Tigermegatron »

I actually thought saban did a great job with all the added G-1 sound effect & extra intros/outros scenes they addedd it. had saban not done this. Rid would have been awful.

I think Rid stands the best chance of airing on any cable network & regular non-cable network & getting high rattings & a huge viewer following audience.

If I had my way,I'd opt to re-air the entire Rid cartoon series on the hub network,nick & cartoon network all at once & make it air 3 times per day on each network. then I'd further have my way by having Hasbro/takara creating a bunch of newer toys for the stand ot more popular characters in the cartoon series in various TF toy sizes like basics,deluxes,voyagers,ultra's,leader sizes & supreme size reserved for a new mold super poseable fort max.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Tigermegatron wrote:super poseable fort max.
You're a heckuva guy, Tigmeg.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Speaking of Fortress Maximus, one of the best things about RID was that it allowed me to own a brand spanking new Fortress Maximus for a decent price (at least compared to the other releases). I actually ended up buying the Korean version of RID Brave Maximus. For those of you who don't have one, it's big and hefty and makes all the current Supreme class figures look small. The only other way I'd have been able to afford a Fortress Maximus would have been to get a used one, and who knows what condition that would have been in?

So cheers, RID/Car Robots creators. Thanks for using Fortress Maximus in the toyline, even if he didn't have all the original accessories.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

One of my earliest memories is seeing Fort Max for the first (and only) time in the UK as a grand prize in the window of a toyshop in Newquay (popular horrid seaside resort town) when I was about three. Blew me away. It was seriously almost as big as me in my memory.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Gomess wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:super poseable fort max.
You're a heckuva guy, Tigmeg.
Thanks
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Gomess wrote:One of my earliest memories is seeing Fort Max for the first (and only) time in the UK as a grand prize in the window of a toyshop in Newquay (popular horrid seaside resort town) when I was about three. Blew me away. It was seriously almost as big as me in my memory.
Even now, it's impressively large. It's not just that it's almost two feet tall, but there's a lot of plastic and metal in this Transformer. It's bulky and heavy. I'm glad I added it to the collection.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I remember seeing Brave Maximus in an anime store once years ago. All of their prices were really high though. As I recall, they wanted $1000 for it. Still, it was cool to see it. It is a very impressive Transformer.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

For that price, you could have picked up an original in good condition.

The price has always deterred me from buying a Fort/Brave Maximus. Back in the day, a grand was all of my "walkin' around money" for a good year at BotCon. Realistically, it was a wee bit more. And, there was always the question of shipping the damned thing home.

That said, I have fiddled with the mould a couple of times and agree that it is a fun toy. it is less an actiion figure than a playset. But, there is nothing at all wrong with that.

Dom
-actually wants modern baseformers.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I had Fort Max out of his box the other day (my daughter wanted to see him since Cerebros is in Headmasters) and took some comparison shots so those of you who don't have one can see how big the thing is. He makes Unicron and Supreme Starscream look small. Of course I didn't have them handy when I took the shot, so he's standing by Barricade. Cerebros is the same size as Barricade.

Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I had a Fort Max at one point and to give another example of scale: Truck mode G1 Prime can fit on one of Fort Max's arm ramps in city mode. Bluestreak can fit in the center entrance.