Armada Unicron

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Armada Unicron

Post by 138 Scourge »

Dominic wrote: Dom
-wonders if GI Joe/TF would have MInicons.
Mini-con gear and backpacks and the like. Or, like, a backpack for Snake Eyes that turns into robot Timber?

Back on topic: My son loves the Armada Unicron. Though, back when he was two and figured out how to launch the chest missle, he managed to shoot himself in the mouth with that thing. I felt bad for laughing, but laughed anyhow.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

138 Scourge wrote:Mini-con gear and backpacks and the like.
Mini-Con backpacks would rule, but consider the actual scale of that--they'd end up being, to scale, robots about the size of Fort Max.
JediTricks wrote:And you're incorrect, they do transform, they have little pop-up heads and fold-out attack tails, it's not much but it's something.
Oh, hey, totally forgot about that.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:Mini-con gear and backpacks and the like.
Mini-Con backpacks would rule, but consider the actual scale of that--they'd end up being, to scale, robots about the size of Fort Max.
Not, y'know, real backpacks that turn into robots, but like, for a Joe figure. Like Zartan or Firefly's packs, f'rinstance.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

So we've got three big planet formers each with different strengths and weaknesses... would it be possible I wonder to repaint/remold these big guys... as each other???

I dunno, I've only played with Unicron, but I wonder if Darth Star or Primus could get some horns etc. grafted on and make a nifty Unicron alternative. Has anybody tried it? Am I speaking crazy talk?
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Dunno 'bout Darth Star, but Primus...it'd take some doing. There's not a lot of room for horns and like in the space his head folds into in planet/spaceship mode. You'd have to widen that pretty substantially.

Other than that...I could almost see it working. He's got a bunch of spikes on his arms and such anyhow, and kinda has wings. Be an interesting version of Unicron, anyway.

Of course, there's nothing on Primus that could serve as a mouth in planet mode, but his planet mode can whip out a couple guns, so he's got that goin' for him.

Guns the size of continents, even!
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Oh hey, Darth Star would actually work pretty well as Unicron. There'd be room for the planet spikes on the backs of his legs, the wings could be relatively easily attached to his shoulders, and the horns would work fine if they rotated like ArCron's do..

Man, if the Death Star mode was left intact and the robot mode was changed to Unicron, that'd be kinda neat too.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

138 Scourge wrote:Not, y'know, real backpacks that turn into robots, but like, for a Joe figure. Like Zartan or Firefly's packs, f'rinstance.
I 'know.' I was thinking, like, in-fiction. How big a Minicon backpack would be 'in-fiction,' y'know.
onslaught86 wrote:Man, if the Death Star mode was left intact and the robot mode was changed to Unicron, that'd be kinda neat too.
Why argue between Unicron and the Death Star when you can have 'both?'
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was thinking the Minicons would be motor-bikes, or even machinery, like the traffic light in "Cybertron". In fiction, a backpack Minicon would probably be a bit smaller than movie Frenzy, standing about 2.5 feet tall.

Dom
-what, no "Unicron v/s the Death Star"?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:-what, no "Unicron v/s the Death Star"?
No. And I solved this ages ago.

Unicron eats the Death Star which self-destructs inside him, killing them both.

Primus wins.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Ego the Living Planet shows up, Primus goes nuts.

Yeah.