Best and Worst of "Armada":

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Best and Worst of "Armada":

Post by Onslaught Six »

At some point, 86 and I had worked out that Sideways wasn't created by Unicron, merely infected by him--Unicron had some kind of Nemesis virus. This explained Nemesis Prime (the various Unicron-allied ones, anyway) and also Nemesis Stryka and the few other Nemmy toys.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:At some point, 86 and I had worked out that Sideways wasn't created by Unicron, merely infected by him--Unicron had some kind of Nemesis virus. This explained Nemesis Prime (the various Unicron-allied ones, anyway) and also Nemesis Stryka and the few other Nemmy toys.
I always viewed Armada Sideways as being created on Cybertron. then at some point Sideways ventured out on a journey in space. unicron created those 2 headmasters minicons to attach to sideways in order to control,enslave & brainwash him.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm just gonna point out that in the 86 movie and Marvel comics, Unicron wasn't creating new life, he was reformatting existing beings for his own purposes. ArmEnerTron may have other implications but I'll have to watch it again to find out.

Shockwave
-Hasn't seen all of Armada.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Armada itself greatly implies that Sideways is a creation, or possibly an extention of, Unicron. Even long after his death, he still hangs out, messes with Autobot computers, and appears in apparitions. But we never see his creation, so it's possible that Unicron merely corrupted Sideways the existing Transformer, or if Sideways was never actually tangible in the first place and is merely an extention of Unicron. Perhaps it's both, the way Emirate Xaaron became an extention of Primus.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Of course, "Cybertrion" muddies those waters even more.

Dom
-maybe "Armada" Sideways was Unicron duping "Cybertron" Sideways? I dunno.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Best of Armada: Unicron & tidalwave.

Worst of Armada: Jetfire,hotshot,blurr
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Best of Armada: The video game.

Worst of Armada: The cartoon.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Shockwave wrote:Best of Armada: The video game.

Worst of Armada: The cartoon.
Seconded. The toys are somewhere in the middle.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I really enjoyed the Armada game quite a bit. Had to borrow my brother in law's playstation to play it. I rented it one weekend from Blockbuster and played it for hours at a time. This was before I had kids so that was easier to do in those days. :)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The Tidal Wave level alone is worth the price of the game. That was done just so beautifully, the transformation sequence alone was just so awesome and well done.