Armada Smokescreen - Comprised primarily of suck?

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
andersonh1

Re: Armada Smokescreen - Comprised primarily of suck?

Post by andersonh1 »

Hey, some of us are enjoying our second childhood here. :mrgreen:

My daughter likes to play with 'the robots'. Not that she gets to play with the majority of the collection, mind you. I let her play with the McDonalds versions, cause if she breaks those or gets fingerprints on them, it's not a big deal.

Just to tie this back into the topic at hand, I let her play with McDonald's Armada Smokescreen, a truly pathetic Transformer, but one she liked. She decided he was 'baby truck' and Armada Smokescreen was 'daddy truck'. Now that's fun stuff. :D
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Dare I ask what Liftor was?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I think Liftor just got ignored.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Glad to hear your daughter is ignoring Liftor. The idea of that toy in a child's hands disturbs me. (Children need not play with toys that adults like.)

I do not think Dave has posted. For the record though, Anderson, Scourge and JT are all older than I am, if only slightly. But, I am going bald, so hey.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:(Children need not play with toys that adults like.)
I still hate this general attitude, yeah. It's like going "Well, adults like Batman TAS, so children shouldn't watch it."

It screams of that same "This music is mainstream, and therefore it sucks" mentality that plagues so many ridiculous teenagers.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't mind that my daughter likes my Transformers, but it has nothing to do with snobbishness, and I don't think that's what Dom meant. I don't want her playing with them simply because she'd either probably lose it or break something.

She can do those things with her own toys. :)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:(Children need not play with toys that adults like.)
I still hate this general attitude, yeah. It's like going "Well, adults like Batman TAS, so children shouldn't watch it."

It screams of that same "This music is mainstream, and therefore it sucks" mentality that plagues so many ridiculous teenagers.

I just hate to see good toys that a collector might like getting trashed by kids. C'mon O6, you know me better than to accuse me of snobbery.

I walked by the kids' table at BC07 and flinched when i saw.......Gigalonians there.

Kids can keep their animated and their "Ben 10", but they need to stay away from "Universe", at least until we have eaten our fill. I like kids, but I also like enjoying my hobby.

Dom
-would have given those toys a good home.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:I walked by the kids' table at BC07 and flinched when i saw.......Gigalonians there.
As if these toys weren't 'made' for children. They're hugeass by 'definition' and they're in mostly bright colours and have all kinds of fun gimmickery. They're 'perfect' kids toys.

I just disagree with your "collectors should be first" mentality. They're 'toys,' first and foremost, and I will never hold the belief that I should actively get a toy before a child that wants one.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have never knocked a toy away from a kid. And, I have even "accidently" alerted parents to the presence of a collector in the aisle (assuming there is plenty for everyone to go around).

I have my hobby. I like my hobby. My hobbie involves me finding toys and displaying them. If kids are buying (and sometimes *eating*) the toys, i cannot enjoy them. I am all for kids coming into the hobby. And, the hobby should be accessible. (Kids should not need adults to explain years of minutia and such.) Heck, it is even fun to show kids how to transform stuff.

But, in the aisle, oh no. It is every man, child and man-child for himself dangit. 8-)

Given how hard the Gigalonians were to find in some areas.....I just think of the collector who could have used the ones at BC07.

Dom
-kids can have left-over movie Voyagers, now that we had our fill of them.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I didn't particularly have a problem finding any of the Gigantions. I actively passed on Mixmaster because he was bright orange and allegedly sucked. (Turns out, he doesn't suck so much as he has a few problems with him.) Megaloplex warmed like hell and I think everyone who wanted Menasor got one.