Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby Dominic » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am

I like that mold, though I prefer the Rapid Run figure it was later recolored into.

Dom
User avatar
Dominic
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby BWprowl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 am

I liked the mold so much I fixed it, if you recall. Gave him knees and working, show-accurate elbows. I still have him out, actually, perched atop my bookshelf. And I'd totally second a new version, Sideways was always one of the coolest ideas to come out of Armada.

I'd say I wanted a new Smokescreen, but if they did make one, I probably wouldn't find it as inexplicably charming as the original, given how Hot Shot apparently turned out.

KICKER KICKER GET IN TFU KICKER!!
Image
User avatar
BWprowl
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Shelfwarming, because of Shellforming

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby Onslaught Six » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm

25th Anniversary GI Joe Kicker FTW.

I don't yet have Hot Shot but I can't imagine he's as bad as they say.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby BWprowl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Onslaught Six wrote:25th Anniversary GI Joe Kicker FTW.

Don't *taunt* me! Seriously, Matt Frakkin Trakkar gets in, but not Kicker?!
Image
User avatar
BWprowl
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Shelfwarming, because of Shellforming

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby onslaught86 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:53 am

Heh. Human Alliance Energon Ironhide with Kicker? Eh, eh? And Armada Starscream with Alexis!
Image
User avatar
onslaught86
Moderator
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: EnZed

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby Dominic » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 am

Onslaught Six wrote:25th Anniversary GI Joe Kicker FTW.

I don't yet have Hot Shot but I can't imagine he's as bad as they say.



Hotshot is worse. Piece of utter doody.


I can actually get behind a 25A style Kicker. Maybe use a Fred Crimson Guard Head? What to do about the body and helmet?

Dom
User avatar
Dominic
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby BWprowl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

onslaught86 wrote:Heh. Human Alliance Energon Ironhide with Kicker? Eh, eh?

You guys are mean. :|

And Armada Starscream with Alexis!

Isn't that more like Kiss Players?
Image
User avatar
BWprowl
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Shelfwarming, because of Shellforming

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby Onslaught Six » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am

Dominic wrote:I can actually get behind a 25A style Kicker. Maybe use a Fred Crimson Guard Head? What to do about the body and helmet?


Two words: Accelerator Suit.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby Dominic » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Good one. Okay Prowl, get crackin'.

Dom
-knows the fan club will never do it.
User avatar
Dominic
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Armada figure updates you'd like to see in Universe

Postby BWprowl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:I can actually get behind a 25A style Kicker. Maybe use a Fred Crimson Guard Head? What to do about the body and helmet?


Two words: Accelerator Suit.

Show me this thing (yojoe's turning up nothing, not that I'm an expert at navigating that site) and we shall see.
Image
User avatar
BWprowl
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Shelfwarming, because of Shellforming

PreviousNext

Return to RiD | Arm | Ener | Cy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron