Razorclaw/Rockbuster's robot mode legs

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Razorclaw/Rockbuster's robot mode legs

Post by Gomess »

Where the the pit do they go in crab mode?? I'm serious.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Razorclaw/Rockbuster's robot mode legs

Post by BWprowl »

I always just kinda twisted the calves sideways, bent them at the knees, then crammed 'em up in the back and tried to make them look inconspicuous. I think you're *supposed* to try and pretend that they're actually some of his crab legs, but that's a pretty clear lost cause.

Pay attention to the actually interesting points on his transformation! Like how you push his head down to become his wittle crab mouth!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

BWprowl wrote:Pay attention to the actually interesting points on his transformation! Like how you push his head down to become his wittle crab mouth!
Funny you should mention that mate, I've had the guy more than a decade and I *only just noticed that* today. So cute! o..o *crabface*

But he's got six legs anyway, so it can't be that... right? Crabs have six legs and two arms? Maybe I'll just let them stick out the back like organic rocket boosters. Woooosh!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Pay attention to the actually interesting points on his transformation! Like how you push his head down to become his wittle crab mouth!
But he's got six legs anyway, so it can't be that... right? Crabs have six legs and two arms? Maybe I'll just let them stick out the back like organic rocket boosters. Woooosh!
Realizing that I'm no expert on fiddler crab anatomy, I turned to my good friend Google Images, and...they've actually got eight legs. So there you go: Razorclaw just needs to start working the weights with his other six legs and even them out, or he'll just keep lookin' funny.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Haha Rockbuster is a bro? Fantastic. Just develop two of your limbs, the rest of you will catch up naturally!

Now I finally know how to transform him properly. Sometimes I wish the packaging guys would communicate more with the design guys, there's way too many "hidden moves" in TF toys!
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Gomess wrote:Haha Rockbuster is a bro? Fantastic. Just develop two of your limbs, the rest of you will catch up naturally!

Now I finally know how to transform him properly. Sometimes I wish the packaging guys would communicate more with the design guys, there's way too many "hidden moves" in TF toys!
Crabs have 10 limbs in total, 2 claw arms and 8 legs. I think Prowl said that already, but I'm not sure.

That being said, crabs, like lobsters, have little swimmy legs called pleopods behind their real legs (lobsters have them on the underside of their tails), and I was always under the impression that Razorclaw's robot legs were supposed to be tucked behind him with the feet closed to represent the pleopods, or maybe I'm just weird.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

THE BEASTS CALL HIM BROTHER, THE BEAR WHO MAKES HONEYYY-- URSUS!

You with the zoological save once again. Yes, I'm going with oversized(?) pleopods, I think. There was I thinking he was just another inaccurately designed BW toy, and after I defended BW Iguanus' name making sense for a frilled dragon! Now I can display him in crab mode with pride.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Gomess wrote:THE BEASTS CALL HIM BROTHER, THE BEAR WHO MAKES HONEYYY-- URSUS!
DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

138 Scourge wrote:
DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH!
Defenderrrrrsss~
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

138 Scourge wrote:
DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH!
Glad to be of service.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou