Original toy minicomic?

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Original toy minicomic?

Post by Gomess »

Linky linky? No amount of Googling has found me scans of this thing, and I'm not about to buy Convobat and Alligatron just to get it. =/
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Original toy minicomic?

Post by Dominic »

If I had a scanner, I would shoot it over to you.

Summary:

The Maximals are on a patrol in a swampy area, investigating a Predacon facility. Primal, (in bat form), scans and ignores what he thinks is a native alligator. Said 'gator is revealed to be Megatron.

A fight ensues. Aside from a a two page spread, the fight happens largely off panel. It goes badly for the Predacons, who are left weaker for their efforts. Megatron cuts his losses and blows up the lab, denying Primal and the Maximals whatever it was that they wanted in said lab. The Predacons retreat.

Maximals: Optimus Primal, Cheetor, Razorbeast
Predacons: Megatron, Waspinator, Tarantulas

Misc:
-Optimus is a huge bat. The comic makes a point of mentioning this. Waspinator and Tarantulas are similarly over-sized.
-Megatron's beast mode is enough to fool Optimus's scanners.
-Tarantulas is orange, similar to the prototype.

Dom
-might have an extra copy.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Gosh, I haven't seen that thing for years. I'm sure I have mine somewhere. Wasn't it only three of four pages?
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Six or so pages, if I recall rightly. Cheers Dom, keep me posted; I would really appreciate seeing the pages themselves. It's the artwork I'm mostly interested in.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I will look into it.

The art is stylized, but under-appreciated.

Dom
-whose butt gleems in the night?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

(Trying to immerse myself in BW's toy continuity, y'see. In case I really do go ahead with this little fanfic idea in my free time over t'summer.)
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:(Trying to immerse myself in BW's toy continuity, y'see. In case I really do go ahead with this little fanfic idea in my free time over t'summer.)
Oh this is what you choose to waste your time on, instead of the magic we were cooking up? I see how it really is now! *runs off crying*

Seriously, I looked everywhere, FOREVER, and couldn't find anything. TFwiki has a few decent images, but otherwise I came up empty. Sorry. Maybe I'll attempt other avenues for you later (and come on, I got you the Zone OVA, I've done enough already!).
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

BWprowl wrote:
Gomess wrote:(Trying to immerse myself in BW's toy continuity, y'see. In case I really do go ahead with this little fanfic idea in my free time over t'summer.)
Oh this is what you choose to waste your time on, instead of the magic we were cooking up? I see how it really is now! *runs off crying*
Mate, I can't potentially be *arrested* for BW fanfic. =p Also it doesn't require drawing CG SETS which are From Hell, in my opinion. But yes, you jest. =3

And really, you DID find me Zone, so you don't owe me anything. COME ON EVERYONE ELSE
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Gomess wrote:And really, you DID find me Zone, so you don't owe me anything. COME ON EVERYONE ELSE
You could have mine if I even remotely knew where it was.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I am hypothetically indebted to you for your hypothetical charity.