updated Beast Machines figures in Universe

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: updated Beast Machines figures in Universe

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:But, really O86, why are you bringing up...ATT here?

-no, no, I am sorry. Should not have made that second comment.
Hey, I frequent ATT. I was, like, the top poster a month or two ago, actually.

We don't all agree on everything, though, we're just really civil about our disagreements.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

onslaught86 wrote:Also, I'll come out and say this here since, well, I'm posting here right now, but thanks, Sparky. As much as we do all disagree with you a lot, it's great to have opposing views voiced and voiced well. It'd be terribly boring if we just had a board where we all agreed with each other. "Oh, hey, I liked that new episode!" "Me too! I liked this and this!" "Same here!" "Well, same time next week, chaps?"
So thanks for, hey, having a different opinion, especially since it means we heckle you a bit. ;)
BWprowl wrote:Heh, I was actually thinking about the whole Sparky thing myself recently, and have to say I'm in agreement. Thanks for not only having a different opinion, but for being able to argue it and defend it like a sensible human being. This is FAR more preferable to having, say, GHX around as our only source of discussion.
I agree, it is nice to have a rational in-depth discussion despite differences of opinion. 8-)
Thanks for the compliments.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Onslaught Six wrote:We don't all agree on everything, though, we're just really civil about our disagreements.
You're wrong, and you suck.

Heh.

You know, I'm almost surprised Hasbro hasn't dusted off Air Attack Primal again for the anniversary. Unless he was just mind-bogglingly expensive to produce (Which he can't have been, given his original price was below regular for a Supreme), although I suppose there's a bit of a glut of large electronic TFs around just now. Hmm, considering ClaScream got his umpteenth mould use for the 25th line, they could have snuck in a few show-accurate repaints of toys that never got the decos they should've. A proper Night Slash Cheetor might've been preferable to 25th Cheets.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:
onslaught86 wrote:Also, I'll come out and say this here since, well, I'm posting here right now, but thanks, Sparky. As much as we do all disagree with you a lot, it's great to have opposing views voiced and voiced well. It'd be terribly boring if we just had a board where we all agreed with each other. "Oh, hey, I liked that new episode!" "Me too! I liked this and this!" "Same here!" "Well, same time next week, chaps?"
So thanks for, hey, having a different opinion, especially since it means we heckle you a bit. ;)
BWprowl wrote:Heh, I was actually thinking about the whole Sparky thing myself recently, and have to say I'm in agreement. Thanks for not only having a different opinion, but for being able to argue it and defend it like a sensible human being. This is FAR more preferable to having, say, GHX around as our only source of discussion.
I agree, it is nice to have a rational in-depth discussion despite differences of opinion. 8-)
Thanks for the compliments.
The fact that we all get along and yet have different opinions is one of the main things I really liked about everyone on the old bwtf boards. I'd love to see a proper BM Megatron with the "housecoat of doom".
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Oh hey, this thread! I still want Hasbro to find that damned Transtech Starscream mould. Give me closure! Cloooo-suuure!

And more Vehicons plzkthx. Even crappy redecos of Cybertron stuff that vaguely looks Vehiconny. I'll settle for the symbol, man, the symbol!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Psh, like Hasbro's gonna put a faction symbol that's not an Autobot or Decepticon on a toy these days.

Man, why don't we get new factions anymore? I remember when we were awash in Maximals, Vehicons, Dinobots, Mutants... The last one we got was the Mini-Cons, and they were a third faction, just added in to boring old Autobots and Decepticons. I'd really love to see a new series with new factions. It might play with our expectations of each side, at the very least.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

BWprowl wrote:Psh, like Hasbro's gonna put a faction symbol that's not an Autobot or Decepticon on a toy these days.

Man, why don't we get new factions anymore? I remember when we were awash in Maximals, Vehicons, Dinobots, Mutants... The last one we got was the Mini-Cons, and they were a third faction, just added in to boring old Autobots and Decepticons. I'd really love to see a new series with new factions. It might play with our expectations of each side, at the very least.
I'll second that-- I think the next series needs to change up the dynamic somehow. Autobots vs Decepticons will always be fun, but it's time to branch out a little. I know Hasbro has kind of poo-pooed the idea of a third faction other than mini-cons, at least in one of the Botcon panels a few years back ("A third neutral side? What would they do, sit around and not fight?" was basically their response). But I think you can come up with ways of making a third or even fourth faction game-changing elements in the story. I'm looking forward to the next incarnation of Classics/Universe as much as the next guy, but in off-season, how about something, dare I say, NEW? Surprise us a little, guys-- it's okay!
I disappear.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

To be fair, there was a slight Predacon/Decepticon rivalry dynamic going on in the RID show, although it was more like Sky-Byte and the Predastooges got shafted down to comic relief once the big bad new Combaticons and Scourge showed up. (And to be fair, this isn't the first time we've seen Japan do that in TF--just look at Cyclonus and Scourge in Headmasters.)

I've long said that I'd like a series where (an) Optimus Prime is not the major focus of the show. He can still be *present,* around, doing Important Leadery Shit from Cybertron or whatever, but not the main faction leader. Think of Animated, and replace Magnus with Prime and Optimus with, say, Rodimus. Same 'exact' show except now Prime is in the background.

After ROTF's gung-ho badass action hero Prime, I think we need a series where he takes a real backseat role. Animated had Megatron act as a puppetmaster for its entire first season--why can't we see something similar done with Prime? If it takes him thirteen (or more!) episodes to finally get up and actually do something, it'll seem a lot more significant (and awesome) when he finally does.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I generally agree with you on all this, but...
Onslaught Six wrote:After ROTF's gung-ho badass action hero Prime, I think we need a series where he takes a real backseat role. Animated had Megatron act as a puppetmaster for its entire first season--why can't we see something similar done with Prime? If it takes him thirteen (or more!) episodes to finally get up and actually do something, it'll seem a lot more significant (and awesome) when he finally does.
Isn't this one of the things IDW said they were trying to do when they started up the '-ion' series? And didn't those comics suck?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I dunno--did they say that? DW collapsed right around the same time I temporarily lost interest in the hobby and by the time I came back around midway through Cybertron, IDW had the license already and had started into their series. Those books sucked for different reasons--it wasn't a Distinct Lack Of Prime, since AHM has that up until like issue nine. They just plain sucked period.