GoBots thread

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: GoBots thread

Post by Gomess »

Crypt and Keeper :lol:
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote:
Gomess wrote:A scythe is just about the biggest possible challenge in TF desin terms. X] It'd have to fold up like origami to make a humanoid shape.

I dunno though, if Tux had any kind of weapon I'd assume one of his fingers contained a garrotte. He looks more like a Victorian hitman than anything. And I do love concealed weapons!
The garrotte is a great idea. Maybe instead of just being a dead Nebulon, Tux's Powermaster could be this hideous cyborg made out of Cybertronian technology and dead Nebulon parts?
And maybe the "fold up like origami" is what killed the Nebulan? I actually have an idea for what this could look like. I have an image (which I might draw at some point) of Tux looking like a Victorian Gentleman with reaper elements to make him just look like upscale walking robotic death. The kind of bot that could give you nightmares. One thing I imagine is having the top part of the back of the hearse turn into a sort of cape for him. And then a top hat and one eye looks like a monocle.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Gomess wrote:Crypt and Keeper :lol:
DO IT.

What about Smother? That's a neat name for something.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Victorian *gentleman*? Not so sure about that, doesn't Tux bring to mind a Dickensian thug in the mould of Monks? He does for me, anyway.

Hope y'all realise I'm not really gonna go changing Tux's name anytime soon, out of respect to Dom's rules of fanfic. Actually, if I wrote a story involving Tux, he'd be named MR-46 Limousine Robo. *shrug*

Smother and Shroud, or Smother and Surplice, is a good name for a gruesome twosome tho'.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Sorry for the double post folks, but I wanted people to actually notice this (particularly those who expressed Slimestone love).

In the original Japanese context, the Rock Lords were called Ganseki Choujin (Rock Supermen), and Slimestone (Magna Rock) was one of the good guys! His weapon was the Barrier Amp (which I assume is some sort of unapproachable sound system) and he was known as "The superman who helps out in a pinch"! Which is just great. Can you imagine Slimestone being the guy who comes through in the crunch?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

That is awesome. I love that the freaky little dude was described as "The superman", too. When all else fails, call this shiny little monster guy!

Dang, I didn't think it could happen, but my esteem for that little chromey demon just went up.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

...Holy mother, Tombstone was originally called GEIGER ROCK.

That. Is. Excellent. And explains his design.

Oh, and he's not quartz like his Rock Lords bio says; he's "radioactive space crystal" and MELTS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES

(Don't worry Rock Lords fans, I will post more Ganseki Choujin info as I find it. ...Yes, I said Rock Lords *fans*! Two counts as plural!)

(...Man, feels good to be telling people obscure Japanese canon and KNOWING I'm not getting it mixed up with popular theory. This is the real deal, folks!)
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Gomess wrote:...Holy mother, Tombstone was originally called GEIGER ROCK.

That. Is. Excellent. And explains his design.

Oh, and he's not quartz like his Rock Lords bio says; he's "radioactive space crystal" and MELTS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES
Damn. That...wow. Why was there not a show with these versions of the characters?

Was there a show with the Rock Lords, or were they just in the Go-Bot movie? I forget.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

They were in the Machine Robo anime, which was baaasically Japan's version of Challenge of the Gobots. But I haven't looked for that yet, and so cannot comment on Geiger Rock's continued awesomeness.

Marbles is called Mask Rock, and his bio makes a fuss about how his true identity is unknown (he looks identical to Marbles, but with white paint apps over his face). He seems to be a bit of a martial artist, as he can momentarily increase the rocky density of his arms by focusing his ki. Oh yes.